Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

Can anyone point me in a good direction to find info on the stock/OEM radios that were available in 1999? I have some cheapo aftermarket thing that lights up in neon blue, and I can't stand it at night (or any time of the day for that matter...). I don't plan on adding anything like XM radio or watching DVD's, so I was thinking about an OEM with the tape/cassette player. For the money I'd spend on another aftermarket setup, I'd prefer just to go back to stock and add a $5-10 cassette-to-aux adapter to let me plug my phone in.

Thanks!
Mike

·
Registered
271 Posts
Hey guys,

Can anyone point me in a good direction to find info on the stock/OEM radios that were available in 1999? I have some cheapo aftermarket thing that lights up in neon blue, and I can't stand it at night (or any time of the day for that matter...). I don't plan on adding anything like XM radio or watching DVD's, so I was thinking about an OEM with the tape/cassette player. For the money I'd spend on another aftermarket setup, I'd prefer just to go back to stock and add a $5-10 cassette-to-aux adapter to let me plug my phone in.

Thanks!
Mike
You may be able to turn the blue off, try messing with the settings and see what you can do. For the OEM radio, I would look on local listings like Facebook trading or craigslist, mine is just collecting dust in my shed.

·
Registered
612 Posts
For what you will likely spend on the stock unit, I got a single din head unit from Crutchfield for $80 and it included the install kit. It has Bluetooth and hands free calling. The background lights are red and the intensity is adjustable and dims when the headlights are turned on.

I don't like bright dash lights at night and the head unit I got works well for me.

·
Registered
16,932 Posts
Hey guys,

Thanks!
Mike
i may still have mine, let me look

Reactions: Sottyman

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
Crutchfield.com.:winner:

Reactions: Sottyman

·
Registered
3,274 Posts
I tried one of those in my 04. Sound quality was terrible when trying to use the Aux port. Sent it back for a refund.
Their customer service has been top notch with me, had no problems with the AUX port for 3 years and my son used that unit in his XJ for several more years. Sorry you had an issue.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts