Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a set of take off OEM running boards for my 2011 JKU. They have the brackets but not the bolts and nuts. Can anyone tell me what hardware I need or where to get it. Does Jeep sell a pack of just the hardware? It looks like I may need u-nuts but I'm not positive. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,672 Posts

·
Registered
706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I read the tread but couldn't find where it said what size bolts and nuts I need. I have the brackets just need the nuts, u nuts, and bolts. Does anyone know what sizes I need ?

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Second post on that thread states, "You should only need 4 6mm nuts and washers and 2 10mm x1" bolts"

And this from another thread:

Originally Posted by suicideking View Post
You can get everything from Fastenal. Here's a copy of what I ordered:

MF2580025PF0000
10 X
M8-1.25 x 25mm DIN 6921 Class 10.9 Plain Flange Bolt

14 X
M8-1.25 DIN 6923 Steel Class 8 Zinc Flange Nut

1 X
M8-1.25 Panel Range: .8mm - 4mm Center 14.5mm Extruded U Nut

You won't need as many as I ordered, I ordered extras just in case. I think for the 4 door, it's like 4 bolts and flanges nuts per side + 2 or 3 of the U nuts. The U nuts were less expensive to just order a pack of 25.

Not sure about the install, I was going to do it myself. Then when negotiating my lift install, got them to do it for free.

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
For me, the hardest part about the install was squeezing my hand/wrench combo into position to tighten a couple of the bolts on each side. The steps are so light that it's a pretty easy solo install.

Edit: My signature references ACE rails. I have those on now, but previously had the Sahara style steps/boards.

·
Registered
706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I know I need M8 bolts and u nuts for the vertical bolts. But what size are the small nuts the go on the two bolts on each bracket. The ones that go through the body seam horizontal. There are two on each bracket. So 6 nuts per side.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts