Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 87 yj with OEM framework I think I put the screw-nut-spacer combo for the metal piece that goes above the doors. I don't know how its supposed to go on since I purchased it used and had no instructions. Here is a picture of what mine looks like

Attachments

·
Founder, ThumbJeeps
4,062 Posts
just a tip to, don't unzip your rear windows unless you have to. they can be a pain in the ass... I would unhook the back corners, undo the snaps, slide it out from above the windshield and lift the whole softtop off and set it in the garage. Then I'd fold down the frame. So much easier and less time consuming then removing all the windows and trying to fold the top all up...

·
Premium Member
7,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just looked at mine, the spacer goes on first, then the spreader bar, then the bolt. Looks like you got it right.
Ok hm cause the metal bracket that goes from the spreader bar to the windshield is starting to crack pretty bad I thought maybe I had it in wrong. Thanks! :thumb:
just a tip to, don't unzip your rear windows unless you have to. they can be a pain in the ass... I would unhook the back corners, undo the snaps, slide it out from above the windshield and lift the whole softtop off and set it in the garage. Then I'd fold down the frame. So much easier and less time consuming then removing all the windows and trying to fold the top all up...
You could of told me this a couple months ago when I constantly fought to get my top on and off in the summer :rofl: but thanks for the advice I will try that when I remove the top next :thumb: Hopefully I will take it off to do some snow driving with my snowboarding gear on :rofl: It'll be fun.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts