Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,740 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was given a new JK 4 Door 2008 factory soft top with all the parts.
Will this fit my 2015 JKU?

I have the hardtop now.

·
Registered
4,136 Posts
The plastic header channel for the footman loop may be too narrow. The loop will outside of the channel and will not let the top seal.

Bob K.

·
Premium Member
2,740 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The plastic header channel for the footman loop may be too narrow. The loop will outside of the channel and will not let the top seal.

Bob K.
What's the "header channel for the footman loop?" This is my first Wrangler.
Can I buy this piece that will fit mine?

·
Registered
4,136 Posts
The leading edge of the soft top that would butt up against the windshield frame is the header. It is the hard plastic piece with the latches that secure the top to the windshield frame.

The footman loop is the metal loop just off center above the rear view mirror. It is used to secure the windshield by a strap to the loop in the center of the hood. *Edit* when folding the windshield down.

There is a channel in this hard plastic section. It is there to accomodate that footman loop when the soft top latches are applied.

Yes, you can get a replacement header. Bestop makes a metal one that is a 100% upgrade to the stock plastic one.

·
Vendor
5,412 Posts
What's the "header channel for the footman loop?" This is my first Wrangler.
Can I buy this piece that will fit mine?
I would suggest calling our Customer Service team M-F 6am to 6pm coast to coast at 1-800-845-3567. They have a ton of tips and tricks to get everything to fit correctly and sell replacement parts like the header you are in need of. They would be happy to answer any questions that come up since this is your first Wrangler! Oh, and welcome to the club, you will love your Wrangler! :) *CassieAtBestop

·
Premium Member
2,740 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I would suggest calling our Customer Service team M-F 6am to 6pm coast to coast at 1-800-845-3567. They have a ton of tips and tricks to get everything to fit correctly and sell replacement parts like the header you are in need of. They would be happy to answer any questions that come up since this is your first Wrangler! Oh, and welcome to the club, you will love your Wrangler! :) *CassieAtBestop
Cassie, thank you!

·
Premium Member
2,740 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok, So Quadratec says EVERYTHING will fit including the header.
Guess I will have to try then.

·
Let the Jeepn Times Roll
2,021 Posts
I found a oem 2 door jk soft top for sale on Craigslist for 600. Includes everything and all framework. Owner will sell it to me for 500. Only used about 6 months. It's the standard fabric top with tinted windows. Is this a good deal

·
Commercial Member
2,223 Posts
I found a oem 2 door jk soft top for sale on Craigslist for 600. Includes everything and all framework. Owner will sell it to me for 500. Only used about 6 months. It's the standard fabric top with tinted windows. Is this a good deal
Good deals are a bit subjective, kind of like what's the best color...lol.

I have regularly seen the 2dr standard tops (with all hardware) go for $300 or so around here. How much is that top if you were to buy it brand new? That would be my starting point for figuring if it were a good deal to me.

·
Let the Jeepn Times Roll
2,021 Posts
Good deals are a bit subjective, kind of like what's the best color...lol.

I have regularly seen the 2dr standard tops (with all hardware) go for $300 or so around here. How much is that top if you were to buy it brand new? That would be my starting point for figuring if it were a good deal to me.

Well the genuine mopar top new is 1500. By that, it's a great deal

1 - 11 of 11 Posts