Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday I swapped out my stock soft top for the ORH version (thread coming later), and am wondering what the best way is to store the windows, particularly long-term.

I have a Bestop HOSS window storage system for my Jeep, to use when I'm rolling. Bestop 42810-09 - Bestop HOSS™ Window Storage Duffle in Charcoal For Bestop and Factory Zip Out Vinyl Windows - Quadratec

But I'm not sure how well this would work out for storing my stock windows, since the HOSS rolls up. Seems to be the best way to store windows would be flat...though I have no tangible evidence of that one way or the other.

So:

Would it be alright to store em in the HOSS (rolled up), or should I try to find someway to keep em flat? If flat, anybody know of a product out there that would do this, some kind of movable carrying case or something?

Thanks for the help.

·
The Bad Guy
23,234 Posts
Keeping them rolled in the duffle is fine as long as nothing creases them and they aren't exposed to extreme temperatures. Infernogirl had a unique method that I really like. Hang them using pants hangers.

·
Premium Member
12,478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Keeping them rolled in the duffle is fine as long as nothing creases them and they aren't exposed to extreme temperatures. Infernogirl had a unique method that I really like. Hang them using pants hangers.
I just saw that in one of the links...as you said, only a woman could've come up with that one. Pretty good idea, though. I might just do that, and hang a dry-cleaning bag (or something similar) around the whole thing to keep the dust off.

My main concern is long-term storage. I'm keeping the OE top in case some putz knifes my ORH top in search of toll fare. :)

·
The Bad Guy
23,234 Posts
I just saw that in one of the links...as you said, only a woman could've come up with that one. Pretty good idea, though. I might just do that, and hang a dry-cleaning bag (or something similar) around the whole thing to keep the dust off.

My main concern is long-term storage. I'm keeping the OE top in case some putz knifes my ORH top in search of toll fare. :)
That's what I would do. :thumb: Or store them flat somewhere with fabric in between, maybe use the window duffle, but don't roll it.

·
Premium Member
12,478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That's what I would do. :thumb: Or store them flat somewhere with fabric in between, maybe use the window duffle, but don't roll it.
:thumb:

That's kinda what I was thinking...not keeping them rolled up. Either the pants hanger in the garage, or under the bed w/felt or something in between.

Thanks, Tom.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Waiting with baited breath...

Yesterday I swapped out my stock soft top for the ORH version (thread coming later)

Definitely interested in your review of the ORH top. I thought I was going to get an OEM top for $700, but it feel through, so I'm back to square 1 for now.

·
Registered
811 Posts
Definitely interested in your review of the ORH top. I thought I was going to get an OEM top for $700, but it feel through, so I'm back to square 1 for now.
I've had my ORH top since Feb 08 and it's the only top I've run since. I sold my OE softop and my JK didn't come with a hard top. They hold up great in Colorado summers and winters.

I did have to fix the driver side front corner when I hit a tree with it :facepalm: but even the wife's sewing job doesn't leak.

·
Registered
498 Posts
How's it better?

I've had my ORH top since Feb 08 and it's the only top I've run since. I sold my OE softop and my JK didn't come with a hard top. They hold up great in Colorado summers and winters.

I did have to fix the driver side front corner when I hit a tree with it :facepalm: but even the wife's sewing job doesn't leak.
I take it that since you sold your OEM, you feel like the ORH is superior. Why do you feel that way? (Sorry, I know this is a bit of a hijack...)

·
Registered
374 Posts
I have had no issues with my tinted soft top windows rolled up in my clover patch for long term storage. I keep my soft-top windows in the clover patch over winter and I hang the patch up with my soft-top under my carport. Before I store them for the 5-6months I give them a good cleaning with 303 protectant. When spring comes I let them sit out in the sun for a while so they are easy to install again.

·
Premium Member
7,920 Posts
I bought felt at Walmart and made it into a bag that I stored under my bed with the soft windows for my factory top---after about 7 years I sold my top with windows to INFERNOGIRL.

·
Registered
811 Posts
I take it that since you sold your OEM, you feel like the ORH is superior. Why do you feel that way?
Not really, basically I was too lazy to put the OEM back on for the winter and it sat in the basement for over 18 months. A friend needed a soft-top so I sold it to him for $500.

I should add that my JK is garaged and not a daily driver. It has 28,000 miles on it and I got it new in Nov 2007.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts