Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone ! I recently lost the drivers side rear window on my Jeeps OEM softop. I’ve been searching for a replacement within groups on Facebook and online and had 0 luck with the fit.

My soft tops zipper has a code “10L” on the drivers side and “10R” on the passengers side.Ive noticed that all windows I’ve purchased have a “10C” code in the zipper and the owners SWEAR it’s from an OEM softop, I’ve asked several owners who have windows but also say theirs have the code “10C”.
So I guess my question is do I have an OEM softop? And can anyone confirm if their softop has the code 10L or 10R on the zippers that bind the two pieces together?? I really need a replacement window and can’t find the correct one. Zipper 10C (window) doesn’t bind with my 10L (soft top) as shown below
Sleeve Waist Finger Belt Jewellery

Automotive tire Grille Bumper Rectangle Motor vehicle

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Have you tried taking it to a vehicle upholstery shop? If you really want to salvage that top, might be a cheap route to go.
Might just have to, considered buying another softop but I eventually wanna get it a hardtop so no sense in spending a grand in a softop I’ll be getting rid of

·
Registered
TJ
1,707 Posts
Might just have to, considered buying another softop but I eventually wanna get it a hardtop so no sense in spending a grand in a softop I’ll be getting rid of
Depending on how much you care about thickness and sound, there are some good budget soft tops out there for ~$200-250. I've used the Smittybilt:
Tire Wheel Sky Vehicle Plant

and the Sierra Offroad one:

Tire Land vehicle Car Vehicle Wheel

and have never had an issue with either and I take off my windows and drop the top all the time, even in cold weather.

Plus if you have full doors, a lot of the kits come with soft uppers for half doors. I sold the uppers for $75 both times, which brought the grand total closer to $160 for a new top+windows.

Cheers,
XBD

·
Premium Member
9,945 Posts
You don't want a full top, you want a replacement top. It has just the fabric and the three windows. My TJ came with a Smittybilt replacement top on the factory frame. It was about two years old according to the PO, but after a few months it was leaking badly along one seam and the zipper had failed. Yes, I spent a little over $500 for a Bestop replace-a-top (RAT) and had it on for over 4 years. The frame was n bad shape (it was after all, 15 years old at that point) so I gave it to another Jeeper who is still using it. That top is now over 7 years old and still going strong. I went with a Trektop NX (frameless).. I love it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You don't want a full top, you want a replacement top. It has just the fabric and the three windows. My TJ came with a Smittybilt replacement top on the factory frame. It was about two years old according to the PO, but after a few months it was leaking badly along one seam and the zipper had failed. Yes, I spent a little over $500 for a Bestop replace-a-top (RAT) and had it on for over 4 years. The frame was n bad shape (it was after all, 15 years old at that point) so I gave it to another Jeeper who is still using it. That top is now over 7 years old and still going strong. I went with a Trektop NX (frameless).. I love it.
I see man! And the thing about my top is that it’s in such good conditions, it doesn’t leak , it’s not torn anywhere, works like a charm so that’s why I don’t wanna go spending all that money unless it’s a hardtop. But thank you !

·
Registered
'03 TJ 4.0L 5sp
101 Posts
Baca7751, don't know where you are, or what year your Jeep is, but I've got the hardtop off an '03 just sitting in storage in Quartzsite, AZ. PM me if you're interested,

1 - 7 of 7 Posts