Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have a digital copy of the TJ's sub amp wiring diagram they could post? Know a link to one? I bought a chiltons manual which shows the 4 speakers and deck, but no sub wiring.
Thanks in advance, Bob

·
Registered
876 Posts

I hope that helps, I have the entire FSM if you need another page. I'd email the whole thing to you but it's 45mb.

·
Registered
876 Posts
MellowLobster said:
Has anyone tried to stick a bigger sub in there?!? Is it even possible?
I replaced mine with a 6.5" jbl but i've seen online somewhere where someone put a larger one in but it was mounted to the outside of the console with the magnet and such inside. I didn't like that idea cause I'd be bumping it all the time and it's more visible to thieves.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I pulled mine apart one day for curiosity's sake, and was surprised to see a dual voice coiled driver, but the "cabinet" leaves much to be desired if you want to upgrade. A plastic sealed enclosure is less than ideal.
I,m opting for a dedicated cabinet behind the rear seat, with the 2 channel amp under the drivers seat.
I put a new Alpine deck in and it can run the 4 speaks and still give me a variable line level out to 2 sub channels.

·
Registered
28 Posts
How does the factory sub sound when you add it to a Jeep that did not have it before? Does it sound like it does in a Jeep that came with one? I want to make sure I won't be disappointed by adding the console sub.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts