Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys. I recently put new wheels and tires on the JKU and kept my oem sensors in the new combo. I drove home with the old combo which had no sensors in it and i got no lights. Then later that week i put the new combo on and when i turned on my JSCAN only one sensor was reading tpms pressure. Should i turn of the battery for a couple hours? Turn off and on the TPMS though jscan? Drive on the highway? (Only driven the new combo in the city for less than 20 mins with stop/go).

·
Registered
250 Posts
You may have to keep driving, I went 30min before my 18 realized there with no TPMS installed, and about 30min to recognize again.

·
Super Moderator
22,472 Posts
what was stated above. reaction time on these both ways can be slow. I swap tires and wheels over often and some times they react with in a few minutes of driving other times it takes half hour of driving.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Got it fixed guys, thank you for the advice. I drove some more today and when i checked my jscan 3 out of the 4 where working. Then when i got back to the jeep after being parked for a while i checked them again and they were all 0. I decieded to air them down to 33psi with a compressor i have and as soon as i started airing then down they each turned on. Thank you.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts