Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got a 2011 JK that has the original wheel on the spare tire but aftermarket wheels on the other 4 that I do not like. I'm not really wanting to spend a ton on OEM wheels that I'm wanting to go back to and was wondering if there are any experts out there that have advice on where to look or the best way to go about doing this.
gear.JPG

oem.JPG

·
Registered
145 Posts
Craigslist or Facebook marketplace are a good place to start. If you know of a jeep specialty or upgrade shop in your area they usually have factory style takeoffs with good tires that they sell fairly cheap.

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
245 Posts
Where are you located? As previously stated, FB marketplace and Craigslist will be the places to look.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Should easily be able to find OEM wheels, including Rubicon wheels, on FB marketplace for under $500.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
293 Posts
There is a set on Peoria Illinois Craigslist with tires and 60% tread for $100.

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
Should easily be able to find OEM wheels, including Rubicon wheels, on FB marketplace for under $500.
Yes.. Because so many people do upgrades, OEM Jeep stuff isn't hard to find at all.

Three years ago, I found five Rubicon wheels from a local buy/sell ad for $200. They had working pressure sensors and 50% worn BFG M/T tires. (Guy just wanted to get rid of them.. No room in the garage).

I sold the BFG mud terrains for $50 so my total outlay was $150 or $30 per wheel.

·
Premium Member
36 Posts
I've got a set with still pretty decent tires. I'm in San Antonio so not that far away if we meet halfway. PM me if you're interested although I'm sure you can find a set closer if you look.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
OK, I found a set in Oklahoma a couple hours away for $200 and the tires have approximately 5000 miles on them. This is exactly what I was looking for (thanks for the direction everyone has given me).

1 problem. The lady that is selling them knows nothing about them other than that the tires are 255/75/17 and the wheels have Jeep in the middle and the approximate milage. They look exactly like my spare. I've attached 2 pictures. The one labeled "1" is my spare and the one labeled "2" is the ones I'm looking at purchasing. Does anyone see where there's any chance that they don't match my spare exactly or even might not fit my Wrangler?
1.JPG

2.JPG

·
Registered
234 Posts
OK, I found a set in Oklahoma a couple hours away for $200 and the tires have approximately 5000 miles on them. This is exactly what I was looking for (thanks for the direction everyone has given me).

1 problem. The lady that is selling them knows nothing about them other than that the tires are 255/75/17 and the wheels have Jeep in the middle and the approximate milage. They look exactly like my spare. I've attached 2 pictures. The one labeled "1" is my spare and the one labeled "2" is the ones I'm looking at purchasing. Does anyone see where there's any chance that they don't match my spare exactly or even might not fit my Wrangler?
These wheels appear to be "Moab" wheels, Mopar part number 1AH78PAKAB, they would be identical.

Now, you know there is a Coronavirus Covid-19 pandemic worldwide, including in United States. Be extra careful when you travel to do this type of transaction.

:)

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
Just to add, 255/75-17 is a stock Wrangler tire size.. Don't forget to put the four wheels you don't like up for sale. Someone shouldl give you a few bucks for them. That will offset the price you're paying for the stock rims.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts