Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My son and I just finished installing a new long block in a 1997 with a 2.5L,everything went well until we tried to start.we had set to top dead center on pulley and piston all way up,motor turns over good but with misfire,I was told we were probably one tooth off not sure of procedure to remedy.rotor was pointed at about 3:00 when above procedure performed.any info appreciated.Thanks

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
With the crank on TDC and in #1 firing position, your rotor should point to the number one position (wire) on the distributor. Your crank makes 2 revolutions for every one revolution of the cam so you could be in the wrong firing position (not sure what the order is). If you have access to a manual, it should tell you what the rocker arm positions should be as you approach #1 firing position. Sorry, I don't have the information you need to determine what firing position you are in but sounds like you could be 180 out of sequence or your motor could be in #1 position but your distributor is not.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts