Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In 2015 I ordered a JKUR and was able to negotiate 5% below invoice. I am considering buying a new JKU (possibly a Recon). I have a golden ticket that expires soon that is burning a hole in my pocket.

I have been emailing with a couple of dealers. I have access to the Affiliate Rewards Program and the best I can do so far is the affiliate price (basically 1% below invoice). I understand that factory orders can be cheaper because the order is essentially sold when it hits the lot and the dealer does not have the costs associated with holding a vehicle.

I would like to know if anyone has had success in negotiating better than 1% below invoice when buying off the lot and, if so, what the discount was. I am not looking for the best deal ever, but I do want to make sure I am getting a fair deal.

In case it matters, I am in Southern CA.

Thanks.

·
Registered
309 Posts
I live in Southern California too. If I had to do it again I would go out of state to get the better deal ha. But I have heard of people on the forum getting better than that but it does depend on the area and the dealer. Mine was stingy and had the only car in a four mile radius that I wanted so I gave in a little money for convenience.

·
Registered
179 Posts
We live in NY and I ended up getting our dealer to 4% below invoice on our Chief Edition.

He went to 3% quick...advocating for that last 1% took a few days.

I do a lot of business with this dealer and usually [with Grand Cherokees and 1500s] 2% below invoice + some pretty substantial incentives gets me to a price I'm comfortable with...

This was my first experience buying a Wrangler. Not sure if I got a great deal, but we're happy with it...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
692 Posts
17 JK Freedom MSRP 37,300, Paid $33,900 B4 tax title license- think it was about 3.5% below invoice. Do you have a Lithia Dealer near by? All of their prices were clearly marked at about the same discount I got on mine.. Locally in the PNW anyway. I know they listed these prices through their Oregon Stores. Good Luck!

·
Registered
575 Posts

I don't like their stipulation to get the loan through the dealership. Oftentimes a local credit union or bank can soundly beat anything that the dealer offers. The $900 you save might come back to them in the form of interest...

·
Registered
463 Posts
I agree...which is why I bought and financed through them, then refinanced through my credit union. Eeezy peezy.

·
Registered
488 Posts
I don't like their stipulation to get the loan through the dealership. Oftentimes a local credit union or bank can soundly beat anything that the dealer offers. The $900 you save might come back to them in the form of interest...

The price is $500 higher if you don't finance through them. Still probably a better deal than you will find in SoCal. The rubicon listed above is over 15% off MSRP. You won't find that anywhere without a lot of negotiation. Add in OP's golden ticket and you are at over 16% off MSRP, and probably approaching 9-10% off invoice.

·
Registered
463 Posts

The price is $500 higher if you don't finance through them. Still probably a better deal than you will find in SoCal. The rubicon listed above is over 15% off MSRP. You won't find that anywhere without a lot of negotiation. Add in OP's golden ticket and you are at over 16% off MSRP, and probably approaching 9-10% off invoice.
Yep thats pretty much the best deal Ive seen anywhere. I got a good deal on mine there as well, but not as good as this. I think anyone looking for a Rubi should jump on it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts