Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am about to purchase a new 2012 JKU and would like some advice on what I should target as a % off MSRP for a new vehicle? I've heard it should be at least 5% off, maybe even as high as 10% off MSRP? Does that sound about right? I tend to trade out of vehicles far too frequently so it's important I buy them right in order to limit my losses.

Thanks.

·
Registered
8,554 Posts
Forget MSRP.

Invoice is what you care about. Use the TreadLightly deal to get 1% to 2% below invoice. There are some other programs too, I believe.

·
Premium Member
607 Posts
What they all said ^^^^ ... know the invoice. Tread Lightly Affiliate will get you 1% below invoice without any negotiation. Many have negotiated 2% below with TL. A few have gotten to 3% below and even a handful have bought at less than 3% below.

Happy Hunting ...

T

·
Registered
160 Posts
Employee pricing is 5% below invoice, I lucked out with that one. With incentives, I paid 14% below MSRP (28k sticker, 24k after all incentives). I would be happy to ever get a deal like that again.

·
Retired Mod
11,135 Posts
If buy buy off the lot before 1/3/12, you can probably get EE pricing at 5% below invoice.....which is roughly 11% below MSRP (depending on the model).

·
Retired Mod
11,135 Posts
Just spent the last 3 hours at a dealer.

Pick up the brand new.....Rav4 on Saturday (for the lady)......

Now.....back to my Wrangler....

·
Registered
18 Posts
I purchased my $31,200 list for $26,500. I actually negotiated a much better price than my TL discount. I had to drive 8 hrs. but I got the color I wanted with the exact options I was looking for at a very fair price. I did add an after market tow hitch and Quadratec HD mats but the Jeep had limited slip and 3.73 gears so I essentially have the max tow package at a fraction of the price. Use resources from this site and get to know the invoice price on the various models and the options. Use these figures as a starting point knowing that TL guarantees 1% below invoice - then go from there. Good luck!

·
Premium Member
607 Posts
I purchased my $31,200 list for $26,500. I actually negotiated a much better price than my TL discount. ... Use these figures as a starting point knowing that TL guarantees 1% below invoice - then go from there. Good luck!
Are you saying you did or did not use TL? TL is always going to be better.

Negotiate your deal and then TL can be added on for another 1% off than what you negotiated.

T

·
Retired Mod
11,135 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Depends on the Jeep and the dealer. Check some of the online sources like Edmunds to see what the normal purchase cost would be. Like everyone else I got $25,000 off sticker and they threw in a Jeep Compass at no cost.:whistling:

·
Registered
56 Posts
I am wondering if you can get 10-12% off an Arctic or Rubicon JKU?

yes, there are deals to be had out there. depending on where you live ZAG worked best for me. very generally speaking, if you live somewhere near VA, that is typically where ZAG offers their best deals.

i got my JKU Rubicon for 5.6% under invoice. but i also happened to live in the area that had to best zag.com price nationwide on the JKU Rubicon. point is, there are deals out there if you look around and see which works best (zag, Tread Lightly, etc).

i was not able to find anything nearly as good on the specialized Arctic or CWD models though using Zag. only the regular Sport/Sahara/Rubi ones.

i haven't seen zag put back the JKU Rubi since it disappeared about 10 days ago either. but the Sahara and Sport are still on it.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts