Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm thinking about getting a Contour Roam2 to video some of my adventures. I want to make sure whatever window mount I get is rock solid and can remain stuck when crossing rocks, tree roots, bumps, etc.

Anyone use this mount? Any feedback?

Amazon.com: Contour Suction Cup Mount 2810: Camera & Photo

(I know, I know... it's not "JK only"... cut me some slack... :flowers: )

·
Registered
392 Posts
I use the gopro. I just put the suction cup mount on the window inside/outside and record that way. The gopro 3 has the remote to start/stop the camera so you don't have to get out often to start/stop. I mount on inside when I go mudding

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
i used a basic suction cup thing like the one you have pictured, $5 on amazon and my nikon AW110. worked great. never fell off even after 20 minutes of off roading.

i have also tried the cell phone inside the jeep with a ram mount but it was too jittery and shaky.

·
Jeeper
1,307 Posts
I used that exact suction cup for a lot of vids.

I like the contours over the go pros.

We were driving thru colorado, and my brother in law lost his go-pro when it unstuck itself from our windshield.

I used a different one for the axle cam vids.

·
Registered
678 Posts
Hi

I like the movie best when people have the gopro on the head in the cabin, I can see it is a wrangler and I can hear the sound of the engine and people talk about jeeps. Could always combine one on the outside.

Anyway wrangler videos with gopro on the outside and only music do not say so much, You do not se the vehicle. Are the driving a Fiat with alot of music, boring.

·
Registered
158 Posts
I love my Contour. very pleased with the functionality and the vid quality. However it looks as if they just closed up shop and went out of business.. Not sure what that's about but unfortunately you might want to go with the GoPro instead. Really a bummer too.. I just bought my Contour a couple months ago..

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

I bought the Contour Roam2 and the mount I posted about in the original post. Simply put, they work amazingly well. Solid video quality and zero shaking from the mount.

I'd happily recommend to any others looking for a good setup.

·
Registered
192 Posts
I have the GoPro and use the suction mount the most. I am thinking about a roll bar mount though. Here's some quick video of my having fun around messing around with the GoPro.

https://vimeo.com/72236429

·
Registered
152 Posts
I use that same mount for my camera. I think the GoPro Hero system is awesome for what it does but is just not versatile enough for me. I'm not familiar with the Hero3 but I found the Hero2 extremely difficult to setup and use. Maybe if I used it daily, but I don't have enough free time for that right now.

I elected to just buy an Olympus Tough. I also brought it on vacation to Mexico and got some good use out of it in the pool, the beach and everywhere else. A Hero cam would have just stayed in the room.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts