Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So the front end of my jeep is very stiff. At first I thought it was shocks. Replaced the blown units with new ones. Unbolted the sway bar, still stiff. Loosed up shackle and eyelit bolts a ton still stiff. Beat on leafs to make sure they weren't frozen stuck. Still stiff. The rear flexes very well and even the tires rub against the tub. Cut leafs?

Attachments

·
Registered
723 Posts
What kind of lift? Shocks? Tire age? Tire pressure? What are your goals for the Jeep? Daily driver? Trails?

On my YJ I really like the Rancho 9k's. Setting 5 for the trail. Setting 9 for the street. I have custom springs for my Spring Over lift. They are a little soft. I use Shock setting 9 to stiffen the ride for the street. 5 for the trail. Are the seats in good condition? Good aftermarket full suspension seats are a must have according to my wife. I have Mastercraft seats. They are very comfortable. Mastercraft customer service is very terrible.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Last tires were set at 28 psi and we're very old and stI'll hella bouncy. I have brand new 33" bfg tko and am still doing the chalk test to find the right pressure. I'm using the n2.0...yes I know. I had them on my 2015 Silverado with the lift and it rode great. The rear feels fine, it's just the front. It looks to have a 4" lift. Don't know the brand. When on the rocks I go down to 12 psi. I'm running a 12.50 tire on an 8" rim so I might be able to air down further.

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
Is the track bar removed?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just read a post from here about the benefits of removing it. I'll see if I have a big enough to tip. If not I'll just cut it. Someone stop me now if it's a bad idea lol

·
Premium Member
1,147 Posts
Loosed up shackle and eyelit bolts a ton still stiff
Did you get the bolts to turn or just back off the nuts? My main anchor bolts were frozen in the spring bushing and mount. Had no choice but to cut them out when I did the lift. They were so tight that the main leaves had bent and the spring could not rotate at all. Used grease-able shackles and lubed the crap out of the main bolts.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
No, I was actually able to back them off. I'm just going to coat them with red lock tight and firmly tighten them. I'm going to undo my trackbar and see if that helps. Make sense why the rear feels good. No trackbar or sway bar

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
Just read a post from here about the benefits of removing it. I'll see if I have a big enough to tip. If not I'll just cut it. Someone stop me now if it's a bad idea lol
Rip that sucker out, I did both front and rear on mine and never looked back. The track bar makes the axle move in an arc, wide leaf springs prevent that exact movement.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Removing the trackbar was the single best thing we did to our YJ from a on-road and off-road comfort standpoint. Front shackle reversal was the 2nd best thing for off-road comfort.

Ok, I lied, buying the JK was the best thing we did for off-road comfort, but we've kept the YJ for serious off-roading! LOL.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts