Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got an Off-road Heros Fastback softtop on my JKU. I'm considering getting a security enclosure for the back.

Does anyone know if the bar that goes behind the tailgate would interfere with the installation of a Tuffy Security Products Tailgate Security Enclosure or something similar?

·
Premium Member
433 Posts
I've got an Off-road Heros Fastback softtop on my JKU. I'm considering getting a security enclosure for the back.

Does anyone know if the bar that goes behind the tailgate would interfere with the installation of a Tuffy Security Products Tailgate Security Enclosure or something similar?

I took my Tuffy out (sold) prior to installing my top. I can only speak from memory. I think it may work, but would be a tight fit. The panel and rubber sealing strip are right up in that area.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
433 Posts
Let me caveat that. I had the 299 and I think the upgraded hunch topped version may work. It looks in photos like the next model up does not have the top deck extend past the tailgate opening.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I took my Tuffy out (sold) prior to installing my top. I can only speak from memory. I think it may work, but would be a tight fit. The panel and rubber sealing strip are right up in that area.

Let me caveat that. I had the 299 and I think the upgraded hunch topped version may work. It looks in photos like the next model up does not have the top deck extend past the tailgate opening.

Thanks!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts