Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just received my ORH cargo top and installed it last week. I wonder how good the cargo top will be in the winters of Wisconsin. One concern is the slit in the rear window where the seatbelts pass through. Second concern is the gap where the rear window and top meet.

Has anyone run the cargo top all winter, in snow/sleet?

I have also considered relocating the seatbelts, if that is even possible, but I don't know how secure and safe that would be for rear passengers.

So now I am wondering if I can order the fastback top to run in the winter or should I just put the hardtop back on for winter. I was planning on selling the hardtop.

·
Registered
158 Posts
I am sorry this does not answer you question, but I wanted to know if you are happy with this top? I am thinking of getting the fast back top. How easy is ti to take off the section over the driver? I have not seen too many reviews or videos about this top. Was also thinking about the one from Bestop. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
245 Posts
I just received my ORH cargo top and installed it last week. I wonder how good the cargo top will be in the winters of Wisconsin. One concern is the slit in the rear window where the seatbelts pass through. Second concern is the gap where the rear window and top meet.

Has anyone run the cargo top all winter, in snow/sleet?

I have also considered relocating the seatbelts, if that is even possible, but I don't know how secure and safe that would be for rear passengers.

So now I am wondering if I can order the fastback top to run in the winter or should I just put the hardtop back on for winter. I was planning on selling the hardtop.
I had this top up until this summer, id run the hard top during the Winter. Trying to get ice and snow off the top without ripping is not fun

·
Registered
69 Posts
I have the cargo top and I would advise you to take it off for the winter. Whenever we get a good rain storm here in the north east, the water will pool on the rear tonneau cover and will cause it to sag so unless you have a lot of free time to clean it off and/or lack of precipitation I would go with the hardtop for winter

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I am sorry this does not answer you question, but I wanted to know if you are happy with this top? I am thinking of getting the fast back top. How easy is ti to take off the section over the driver? I have not seen too many reviews or videos about this top. Was also thinking about the one from Bestop. Any thoughts?

I am very happy with this top. Yes it is louder that having the OEM soft top, but I got used to it really quick. Once it is stretched out, I can have the top pieces, front and back, rolled up or put back on by myself in five or less minutes.

·
Registered
158 Posts
I am very happy with this top. Yes it is louder that having the OEM soft top, but I got used to it really quick. Once it is stretched out, I can have the top pieces, front and back, rolled up or put back on by myself in five or less minutes.
Does the tailgating bar roll up or come out with the window?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Thinking about running this top with either the Bestop Instatrunk or the Aries Security Cargo Lid. The ORH website isn't very specific about how the tonneau cover fastens to the body. Any thoughts on whether a lockable trunk cover could be compatible with the ORH tonneau cover? Thanks in advance.

I live in Florida so unfortunately I can't give you any advice about running the top in the winter Arsonman.

·
Premium Member
1,227 Posts
So no leaks with how this is set up for seat belts? Also interested how it works with the instatrunks
I have not noticed any leaks through the seat belt slits but my Jeep is garaged so it never sits out in the rain. I do wash it regularly though and have not noticed any more than a the occasional drip from spraying directly onto the back window. Can't answer your instatrunk question.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts