Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Jeepers, I have a decision to make I ordered a front bumper light bar and it will hold either 2 or 3 off road lights. I have seen Jeeps with 2 and Jeeps with 3, is 2 enough and the 3 looks over board or does the 3 blend in good and more is better here. I would really like your guys and gals thoughts and suggestions on this topic as I would like to order the lights this week.

Tks again for all your comments. :thumb:

·
Registered
864 Posts
Let us see a pic of the light bar, it all depends. My bumper had 4 tabs and doesn't look bad. itb also depends on what lights you'll be running (sizecshape). I have windshield lights as well as the 4 bumper lights and headlights, my friend refers to my jeep as the rolling sun.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Type of lights

Hey iceman I am looking at this lightbar. it will fit either up to three 7" round lights or 2 over sized 10" round. I am looking at the 6" rugged ridge black round fog lights for the bumper bar and doing either euro or pencil rugged ridge 6" round for my roof bar. see if i can attach the pic without messin it up. this is not my Jeep pic just what the bar will look like with 2 or 3 lights.

Thanks.

Attachments

·
Registered
864 Posts
They both look good, but I kind of like the 3. Ifnyou rethinking od doing pencil beam spots you might consider GE 4509 bulbs in par36 housings.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
They both look good, but I kind of like the 3. Ifnyou rethinking od doing pencil beam spots you might consider GE 4509 bulbs in par36 housings.
I am was thinking of the beams up top for the roof bar I have read that the pencil beams are great as long as they are high on the Jeep. I am not quite sure what the par36 are I'll google them. What type of light coverage will I get out of them? Do you run them?

Thanks.:dance:

·
Registered
864 Posts
Par36 housings are rubber housings typically used as work lights on tractors and bIg rigs, amongst other things. The GE 4509s are 100 watt pencil beam spots typically used as aircraft landing lights. They are what I an using on my windshield more mounts. I haven't finished the wireing yet but from what I've seen of them I'm impressed. There is another thread on the forum discussing them.

·
Premium Member
296 Posts
You want to keep the “fog lights” as low as possible on the bumper, as in the stock position in the bumper. I think some people run 3 lights in a spot similar to where you are thinking with the bar. I think they do Euro beams(wide light) to the outside, and the pencil beam(narrow) in the center position. The Euro and pencil beams are far reaching bright driving lights, the fogs are similar to your regular low beams. Search some of Hilldweller’s posts he is an expert on lights, he has forgot more than I’ll ever know.

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Put a light on every tab you have.

My old science teacher used to say, "excess is never enough.":rofl:

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Muhaha I am liking your thinking cavsvet74!!! I am hoping that what I have in mind will work the fogs on the bumper bar and the euro/pencil lights up on roof. We will see I guess.:doh:

·
Registered
7,360 Posts
Trapper009 said:
Muhaha I am liking your thinking cavsvet74!!! I am hoping that what I have in mind will work the fogs on the bumper bar and the euro/pencil lights up on roof. We will see I guess.:doh:
2 good lights are better than a boatload of crappy ones. Do your research, buy smart, buy once.

·
Registered
7,180 Posts
I have that light bar on my TJ....I had to "modify" the mounting, but it turned out great! I say go with three lights, but it really is all up to what looks/works best for YOU. Happy wheeling!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks!

Thanks for the comments I will post a pic of the final decision once everything ordered comes it guys!:D

·
Jeeper
5,096 Posts

1 - 17 of 17 Posts