Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I currently have experience with winter snow tires and scorpion Pirelli ATR tires which are awesome in snow. On my Jeep I now have the Bridgestone Dueler H/T840. Does anyone have any experience with them in snow? What is the best all around tire? The most snow that I will be faced is about 6 to 12 inches. Any ideas/suggestions would be great.

Thanks

·
Registered
629 Posts

·
Registered
3,322 Posts
Anything but all season tires will be fine.

On my Jeep I ran General Grabber AT2s. They were a dream in the winter, I never felt safer. On my truck I have Cooper Discoverer AT3s, but haven't had a winter with it yet.

I personally am a "snow tire" guy as far as cars go. All terrain tires are basically snow tires, so on my Jeep/truck I run the same tires all year long (except my Jeep doesn't see street anymore).

My family is NOT a fan of snow tires, we have all seasons. When I worked at a tire shop, and one of our vehicles needed tires, I bought Nexen H/T tires. I'm glad I did, but dedicated snow tires would have been better.

Reactions: Jak_Rak

·
Registered
629 Posts
@dnenes - I'm running Falken Wildpeak AT's. They've been really good in the snow.

What size tires do you have?

Also, your avatar/profile pic looks like a JK. Did you post in the YJ section by accident?

·
Registered
158 Posts
On my Jeep I ran General Grabber AT2s. They were a dream in the winter, I never felt safer. On my truck I have Cooper Discoverer AT3s, but haven't had a winter with it yet.
I've run the Cooper AT3s on several of my trucks for a few years now. They're decent in the snow - they have enough grip to keep you going through most light to medium stuff, but IME they don't do well in heavy snow, and they don't have enough siping to work well in icy conditions. I don't run into very bad winter weather where I live, but if I do have to go over a mountain pass, I'll bring chains (and some passes require them anyway).

Overall, I like the Coopers and I think they're a good AT. They handle most road conditions with aplomb, but if I were going to drive a lot in severe winter weather I might look at something that was a better winter/snow tire (like a Goodyear Wrangler Duratrac or other 3PMSF-rated rubber).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts