Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have 2 sets of wheels....my street set and my new off road set.....I'm back and forth about 35 vs 37 in my decision but there is another factor....if I do 35's I don't too much care about the weight and am leaning towards trail grapplers....if I look for 37's I would like one on the lighter side and am leaning towards the stt pros or km3...I do have all the supporting mods for 37's and again they will only be on the Jeep when wheeling....which would you choose?

·
Super Moderator
23,435 Posts
if you have the like you say the supporting mods I would do 37's.

·
Super Moderator
23,435 Posts
I figured the masses would say 37's....km3's? Stt's?
well if I were in your shoes and strictly buying offroad tires I would get either Interco Iroks or pitbulls as may as well get the real deals as far as offroad tires go.

Reactions: IndyRubicon17
2,759 Posts
So I have 2 sets of wheels....my street set and my new off road set.....I'm back and forth about 35 vs 37 in my decision but there is another factor....if I do 35's I don't too much care about the weight and am leaning towards trail grapplers....if I look for 37's I would like one on the lighter side and am leaning towards the stt pros or km3...I do have all the supporting mods for 37's and again they will only be on the Jeep when wheeling....which would you choose?

Between the 2 I would do the KM3's.

Have you thought about the Goodyear MTR's? They are light weight as well along with the Milestar Patagonia.

Which ever you choose let us know we can hook you up on tires and we also have free shipping.

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well if I were in your shoes and strictly buying offroad tires I would get either Interco Iroks or pitbulls as may as well get the real deals as far as offroad tires go.
Was looking at iroks....I'll go check the pitbulls....was wondering if I should be looking at aggressive tires for this set...

·
Super Moderator
5,694 Posts
If I were buying a set of off road 37's I would probably go with the KM3's, but I have had great luck with BFG KO2's and that may be influencing me.
I am currently waiting on a set of Nitto's, RG's. That will be our first shot with a Nitto tire. The Nitto Mud Grappler looks interesting if you are going to have it as a second set of tires. But holy cow what a heavy tire. Nitto tires seem to be on the heavy side in general. I like that the BFG's run light. But they also run small. Although I hear the KM3 is not as bad there. But also not as light.
But what do I know.

·
Registered
2,232 Posts
I have the STT pro's in 37, but went with the 13.5" wide e rated ones. They are pretty heavy. I got a great deal (almost $100) less per tire than the pizza cutter d rated ones so that freed up some cash to upgrade....lol.

No issues yet but definitely showing me where I need to upgrade and/or replace worn parts.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
If I were buying a set of off road 37's I would probably go with the KM3's, but I have had great luck with BFG KO2's and that may be influencing me.
I am currently waiting on a set of Nitto's, RG's. That will be our first shot with a Nitto tire. The Nitto Mud Grappler looks interesting if you are going to have it as a second set of tires. But holy cow what a heavy tire. Nitto tires seem to be on the heavy side in general. I like that the BFG's run light. But they also run small. Although I hear the KM3 is not as bad there. But also not as light.
But what do I know.
Yup...they weigh a lot! That's the reason behind my nitto choice being a 35....I run terras on the street and would love the TG but I think they are pretty heavy in the 37...maybe I'm over thinking it.....the stt pro has a huge following....

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Between the 2 I would do the KM3's.

Have you thought about the Goodyear MTR's? They are light weight as well along with the Milestar Patagonia.

Which ever you choose let us know we can hook you up on tires and we also have free shipping.
That MTR looks killer .....the specs on them are what I'm looking for also.....know anybody that runs them?

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Leaning heavily towards the MTR's now after watching some vids and checking reviews....if king of the hammers rigs like them I guess they'll do for little ole me......

·
Registered
2,939 Posts
Mine is more a trail rig than a DD now but it still runs around town when it has to. I'm running 37" KM3's on DIY beadlocks and they work very well on the trails.

Very happy with my KM3's until I have to rotate or change a tire. With the steel wheels, steel beadlock rings, associated grade 8 HW and the KM3's, I'm around 135 lbs a wheel.

Reactions: IndyRubicon17

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Mine is more a trail rig than a DD now but it still runs around town when it has to. I'm running 37" KM3's on DIY beadlocks and they work very well on the trails.

Very happy with my KM3's until I have to rotate or change a tire. With the steel wheels, steel beadlock rings, associated grade 8 HW and the KM3's, I'm around 135 lbs a wheel.
You just had to! Ha! Man.....now I'm torn between the km3 and MTR.....guess I'll see who gives me the best deal on which.....

·
Premium Member
1,672 Posts
You just had to! Ha! Man.....now I'm torn between the km3 and MTR.....guess I'll see who gives me the best deal on which.....
I would choose the 37" STT PROs over both of these. As a matter of fact I did and money played no part. Since we share a state I would have to assume we likely spend time on a lot of the same type of terrain. Since you have a set of highway tires I would be looking for something more aggressive from Interco as mentioned earlier. I too have 2 sets of wheels. The STTs are now for off-road and local driving and I have a set of 35" Goodyears on the second set. I'll be getting beadlocks in a few days and wrapping them in Intercos but I haven't decided which yet, for more serious adventures. I am loving the Coopers right now though.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
The STT pro weighs in at 77. The KM3 77.13. The General Grabber X3 at 80. The Toyo MT at 84.

The Milestar Patagonia is 71.1 and is cheaper than all of them

The KM3 is a terrible rock crawler. The STTs, X3, Toyo, and Pats are great. The Pat isn't so great in the mud.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I would choose the 37" STT PROs over both of these. As a matter of fact I did and money played no part. Since we share a state I would have to assume we likely spend time on a lot of the same type of terrain. Since you have a set of highway tires I would be looking for something more aggressive from Interco as mentioned earlier. I too have 2 sets of wheels. The STTs are now for off-road and local driving and I have a set of 35" Goodyears on the second set. I'll be getting beadlocks in a few days and wrapping them in Intercos but I haven't decided which yet, for more serious adventures. I am loving the Coopers right now though.
Do you belong to any local 4x4 groups?

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
The STT pro weighs in at 77. The KM3 77.13. The General Grabber X3 at 80. The Toyo MT at 84.

The Milestar Patagonia is 71.1 and is cheaper than all of them

The KM3 is a terrible rock crawler. The STTs, X3, Toyo, and Pats are great. The Pat isn't so great in the mud.

Gonna need something decent in the mud......maybe back to the STT then....

·
Premium Member
1,672 Posts
Do you belong to any local 4x4 groups?
No. Been invited to join some clubs but that isn't my thing. One of the biggest clubs in the area leaves their card on my rig every time they get a chance. I run mostly alone but also go with my son and some of his buddies or other guys I know here on occasion. Most guys still work for a living but being retired I've been known to leave on a whim to go wheeling somewhere across the country and such things just don't work for any group I know.

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
No. Been invited to join some clubs but that isn't my thing. One of the biggest clubs in the area leaves their card on my rig every time they get a chance. I run mostly alone but also go with my son and some of his buddies or other guys I know here on occasion. Most guys still work for a living but being retired I've been known to leave on a whim to go wheeling somewhere across the country and such things just don't work for any group I know.
My club is almost all retired people. At 42, I'm one of the youngest people in the group...by decades. . I love it though and I've made good friends. And yes, at the drop of a hat, we can go anwhere we want at anytime.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts