Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
863 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My dear Jeepers. I'm near the Daytona Beach area and looking for great off road trails, specially ones I can do at night. I have a full stock Jeep so I can't do those extreme trails.

I know Ocala is a place a lot of peeps go to for this. But, exactly where?

Would you kindly recommend some places to go to and that I can also do at night!

I've done tiger Bay. Nice and all and nothing crazy of a road besides just being dirt road. Scene is beautiful though!

Thank you!

Reactions: Melllvar

·
Registered
867 Posts
You might want to post this up in the Florida forum, there are quite a few threads there about wheeling.

·
Registered
215 Posts
I'm in P.O. I'm an overnight shift worker, so I do most of my rides at night. I'm going to try to make the ride in a few weeks. Time will tell.

Against the basic rule of thumb, I have done most of my exploring around ONF by myself. So I will generally stay with the forest roads and well marked trails.

·
Registered
226 Posts
in the Florida group thread, there is a group riding Ocla area this month. You should check that out and see if you want to ride with them...

hope that helps

ps: yes, doing ONF solo is not the best practice especially deeper in the forest. It can get a bit dangerous if you come across the wrong people

·
Registered
167 Posts
[quote ]ps: yes, doing ONF solo is not the best practice especially deeper in the forest. It can get a bit dangerous if you come across the wrong people[/quote]

Really? Please elaborate. Have you had issues out there before?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
167 Posts
I was referring to “the wrong people”. I have been out there solo a few times and came across a few hunters that seemed annoyed by my presence but nothing threatening. Have you had a different experience with other people? Just wondering if I should be more careful and not just assume everyone will be cool.

·
Registered
518 Posts
Most people I've run across seemed decent. There's a few that my dog just didn't like, and I trust his feeling about new people.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Dog most likely knows best. Thanks for the info! Maybe someday we’ll run into each other while out there.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts