Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive been looking for a good and safe place to take your family to camp and to use my jeep and do a little bit of off-roading?
do you guys have any recommendations?
Any experiences that you guys could share?

·
Registered
779 Posts
I guess it depends on what you mean by "little bit."

Last year I spent a lot of time roaming the Hoosier National Forest; there's very little of particular challenge there, but for a family scenic/"rough" roading trip, I think it'd work well. Camp at Lake Monroe, and there are plenty of remote roads nearby.

If you want to place more emphasis on offroading, I'd say pick one of Interlake or Red Bird and find a camping spot nearby. There are plenty of places to camp in southern Indiana.

Another option would be Shades State Park for primitive camping and great hiking (plus Turkey Run is nearby for more spectacular hiking) with Attica/Badlands about an hour away. There are also a few nice gravel roads for exploration near Turkey Run, don't know how much mileage (hah) you'd get out of that.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Badlands in Attica is an off-road park for everything motorized and has camping onsite. They have side by side rentals if you're into that as well.

Edit: oops, didn't read all of mac's post above.

·
Registered
779 Posts
Badlands in Attica is an off-road park for everything motorized and has camping onsite. They have side by side rentals if you're into that as well.

Edit: oops, didn't read all of mac's post above.
Having never camped at Badlands, I don't know how family-friendly it is, so I was sticking with places where I was confident you wouldn't have a bunch of drunk locals around. :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts