Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased a 2016 JKU and I am looking for somewhere to go off-roading in or around South Jersey (Cherry Hill area). This is my first Jeep and as of now it is pretty much stock so I am not looking for anything too crazy. Is the pine barrens too much for a first timer? Look forward to hearing feedback, thanks in advance!
Tom

·
Registered
639 Posts
I just purchased a 2016 JKU and I am looking for somewhere to go off-roading in or around South Jersey (Cherry Hill area). This is my first Jeep and as of now it is pretty much stock so I am not looking for anything too crazy. Is the pine barrens too much for a first timer? Look forward to hearing feedback, thanks in advance!
Tom
Tom,

You can do the pine barrons with no issue at all. Wharton State Forest is a great place to go that has some good legal roads that won't bust up your jeep. Google map the ranger station and you'll find some of the roads.
713-723 US-206, Shamong, NJ 08088. Tread lightly here - stay on the legal roads and don't stray. Read any fine print signs so you don't get yourself a ticket. The rangers don't take lightly to going off-trail.

Don't go alone especially if you don't have a winch as there is a chance you could get stuck if you find some swampy area due to a recent rain.

I am going there this Saturday but doing a trail ride with a club. I can provide you with some info on the club if you want to contact the folks who run it and get involved. Send me a PM if you are interested.

Reactions: Lt_Lindy

·
Registered
5 Posts
I’m near Cherry Hill too. Just got a Jeep and looking for novice trails as well. Wharton State Forest is where im going to head. My co-pilots being my two sons. Stock Jeep so don’t want to get it stuck.

·
Registered
639 Posts
I’m near Cherry Hill too. Just got a Jeep and looking for novice trails as well. Wharton State Forest is where im going to head. My co-pilots being my two sons. Stock Jeep so don’t want to get it stuck.
You can get stuck in Wharton on some of the roads, especially after rain. The puddles are sometimes deeper or muddier then expected. Don't go alone and make sure you have tow straps or winch just in case.

·
Premium Member
169 Posts
Look into joining a Jeep Club there is a couple of them in NJ. PM me for which one i am in don't want to start which club is better. It just depends on what you wan to do.

·
Registered
639 Posts
Look into joining a Jeep Club there is a couple of them in NJ. PM me for which one i am in don't want to start which club is better. It just depends on what you wan to do.
This is a great idea - There are a lot of great Jeep clubs in NJ. Also a few clubs set up trip to off-road parks and run blue trails for those that are new to the sport (if it's a sport?) or have stock jeep.

You will also go a lot of local support by being a member of a club, teaching you about your jeep, helping out if you are upgrading, etc.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts