Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I’m a newbie here - I got convinced of leasing a 2019 Sahara Unlimited, and would like to have some off roading fun with it on a very occasional basis. Since this is a lease, mods need to be kept at a minimum, as I might have to reverse ther rig back to what it originally had... And I’ll admit it, thelast thing I want is to look like a mall crawler.

Now, I live in Montreal, where snow tires are mandatory. These tires have their softer compound, deep treads, bigger blocks and wide channels, and I would assume that they would be a much better alternative to the OEM all season road tires it came from. Since I have these tires mounted on their own set of wheels, (went for 17 instead of 18, thus higher side walls), would these be a the cheap way to have fun on the trail, including some limited rock climbing?

Curious to hear what you have to say...

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
A good set of tires will be a reasonable entry fee to good off roading. Anything is better than the stock Sahara tires.

Next, get a map of your area and just start exploring the scenic dirt roads.

You could also hook up with a local club. Chances are, there are others just like you in the club who do the same thing and would be willing to show you the ropes.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
16,902 Posts
SilentFoe hit it. I might add... Do nothing you are not comfortable with, this is true in general but especially with a leased vehicle.

Off Roading should be and is about having Fun. Trail damage or stress should be avoided - not fun.

·
Registered
821 Posts
Trail riding no problem, any rock crawling potential big problem.
If you aren't sure if you want to buy it at the end of the lease stick to just the trails.
Accidents happen very easily crawling actual rocks everyday.
Enjoy it the what 48 months?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts