Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
700 miles on my 11 Sahara and absolutekly Loving it! Really want to take it off road but it's my primary vehicle. Do you guys off road with it as your primary vehicle or is it your spare? If I mess it up I'll be jogging to work and at 53 I don't think I'll make it!LOL

Attachments

·
Registered
3,540 Posts
I've found considerable difference in what I did at 17 with a CJ2 vs what I do now with my Sahara....

Plus I don't want to do that much walking back from some deserted-never-should-have-been-there-in-the-first-place-place let along the time/$$ for repairs.

And they are just so much FUN to drive without having been stuck, broke down or otherwise suffering a 'halt in forward movement'....

·
Registered
4,765 Posts
These things are made to take off road then drive back on them. They take a beating quite well. The only thing I can see, is your fenders aren't the best for some trails but the Jeep itself will handle it easy and get you back on the road dirty.

·
Registered
519 Posts
If you are really worried just make sure the trail is wide enough for you. I have some battle scars that went all the way past primer.

·
Registered
118 Posts
You can go off road without tearing up your very sharp looking ride. However, common sense must prevail. Say you go to walmart. If you park near the door some clod is going to smack the side of your ride with their door. Same with going off road. Take is slow and easy. With those tires however, you are not going to get in very deep. Next year you will have some new tires, rocker gards and maybe even a winch and even a scratch or two on that paint job. And, you won't give a darn...... That is really a nice looking ride.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Owning a Jeep and never taking it Off Road is like having sex with Carmen Electra and never turning the lights on... Just when you think it couldn't get better, BAM!

·
Registered
304 Posts
If your Jeep doesn't have trail stripes down the side and a few battle scars here and there, then it just isn't loved enough. :)

·
Registered
780 Posts
Absolutely. At the prices we get stung for Jeeps down here there arent many that will buy a JK for a second runabout...

Considering the Aussie dollar has been over parity with the US dollar for a little while now, you are still looking at around $39k Australian for the for our "renegade pack" sport model, similar to your Sahara. Mine (lowest model on the floor in 2010) came with the 17in alloys, hard top and Sunrider soft top, six stacker in dash stereo with infinity amp and 7 speakers, power windows and door locks, side steps, alarm, aircon, traction control, etc. for $34,000 drive away on special (your equivalent is around $28,000 I think, maybe not including hard top though?)

Just make sure you go in a group, will be the difference between walking out and driving out :)

·
Registered
378 Posts
I would suggest looking into some local jeep or offroad clubs and go on a group ride on a beginner trail. The chances that you will do any damage that would leave your jeep undriveable are pretty slim.

·
Statler & Waldorf Show
835 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thank you very much for all the information and support, I'm not too worried about battle scars and the idea of seeing her covered in mud sounds oddly exciting! Now, just need to find a place to try her out. Thanks again.

·
The Bad Guy
23,119 Posts
Thank you very much for all the information and support, I'm not too worried about battle scars and the idea of seeing her covered in mud sounds oddly exciting! Now, just need to find a place to try her out. Thanks again.
Are we still talking about Carmen Electra?:D

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
My Jeep is my only street legal vehicle. Just take it easy on a dirt road first, in no time you will see a hill to try out, then a mud puddle, then....... Stay in your comfort level, you'd be surprised what these things will do in stock form. Just don't try rock crawling.....yet.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts