Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Don't know if any of you guys also have diesels or maybe tow rigs but thought I would ask. For those who know what I'm talking about and run mud tires on their diesels we know that they don't hold up very well to the power and weight of heavy trucks the way they do on jeeps. So here I ask. What do you diesel guys rep for tires? I'm leaning towards the Nitto Trail grappler for my next set. Opinions??

·
Registered
8,511 Posts
Don't know if any of you guys also have diesels or maybe tow rigs but thought I would ask. For those who know what I'm talking about and run mud tires on their diesels we know that they don't hold up very well to the power and weight of heavy trucks the way they do on jeeps. So here I ask. What do you diesel guys rep for tires? I'm leaning towards the Nitto Trail grappler for my next set. Opinions??
Most of the folks around here run fierce attitude, mastercraft CT, or BFG KO.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
And where are you from my friend? Haha im in Colorado btw. Any testaments to the wear and performance? I have duratracs now. And I suppose an elaboration would help. My truck is about 600hp/1100lb/ft of torque lol "accidental" tire wear happens a lot. And I'm mostly interested in an M/T.

·
Registered
8,511 Posts
And where are you from my friend? Haha im in Colorado btw. Any testaments to the wear and performance? I have duratracs now. And I suppose an elaboration would help. My truck is about 600hp/1100lb/ft of torque lol "accidental" tire wear happens a lot. And I'm mostly interested in an M/T.
From Ohio. Out of the three mentioned the fierce wear the fastest but most of it just depends on how you drive. If you want to get an MT you can't expect a long life out of them on you're truck. If you would want to go more the MT route look into Toyos. I've read a lot of good things about them.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Oh I have been curious about the R/T for a little while but I mainly am held back cause I want more sidewall. And I have had toyos on my excursion before and they wore like butter. I had to replace them after 9 months or so. I got Tera grapplers to replace the toyos and they are much better. Anyone have any opinions about the nitto trail grapplers?

·
Registered
167 Posts
I have the Toyo Open Country AT2's on my Ram 2500 Cummins diesel. Great traction around the farm fields; road snow; and in heavy rain too. Only 5K miles on them so far but doing great for me.

·
Registered
341 Posts
The duratracs are pretty popular. I run the older style MT ATZ. They wear real well, I rotate often. Obviously stick to an E load. I did look into the trail grapplers. A bit aggressive for me but I've seen a few of them on the one tons.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.