Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The weather today was the nicest in a while so I had to drive the jeep with the top off. I went to get gas and a guy stopped and asked if my jeep was for sale, which its not. He offered me $3500 for it, I respective declined because I love my jeep and just got it running. Then he offered $4500, I thought about it and had to decline.

This isn't the first time this happened. Another person left a number and asking if it was for sale on my windshield while I was grocery shopping.

I get people asking often, I was wondering if this happens to other people as well and if I made a mistake by turning down these offers?

·
Registered
57 Posts
Actually, just the other day I had an offer of 4,000 for it. And as a matter of fact that's how I got it. I was doing some work on the rich side of town, saw it parked and hadn't been moved for a while. Knocked on the guys door, gave it to me for 500! 6 cyl 5 spd hardtop 101,000 miles. He lost the keys for it, but that just happens to be my profession. So if you can find them like that then just turn around and sell them it could be quite the profession!

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You got an awesome deal on your jeep! I guess its not uncommon. I never realized wranglers are such a hot commodity.

·
Jeeper
11,419 Posts
Depends if the right person is in the right place... We stopped yesterday and asked someone if one was for sale... :) Looking for one for our daughter, she's picky about color, well, that and her daddy wants to make her happy.... :)

·
Registered
208 Posts
I had a guy ask me if i wanted to sell my jeep and joking around i told him 6000 and he said he would think about it and that was before i did all the work to it.

·
Super Moderator
53,781 Posts
kjeeper10 said:
Guy at work offered me $6000. I just put a ton of work into her. A little over $4000 and KBB here in CT in perfect condition is around $9000. I would of considered if i was going to sell at the time :)
Just realized I was searching through the "currant post" and posted in a Yj forum :redface: I sold my Yj for $5000 about 10 yrs ago with 150,000 on her. She ran great, I laugh at all the chrome back then lol.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Well, I sold a JEEP once and I have regretted it every day since then. I will NEVER sell another one.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I get someone walking up and offering to buy my Jeep about once a week. Funny ones are the guys who ask if it's the latest Wrangler (it's the much maligned by four wheeler types Renegade package), and it's 20 year old now. Always good for some conversation, but my rule is never sell land, vehicles or guns. :)

·
Super Moderator
53,781 Posts
amx4080 said:
I get someone walking up and offering to buy my Jeep about once a week. Funny ones are the guys who ask if it's the latest Wrangler (it's the much maligned by four wheeler types Renegade package), and it's 20 year old now. Always good for some conversation, but my rule is never sell land, vehicles or guns. :)
I used to get that with my Yj. The ultimate mallcrawler it was lol. "is that brand new" um... No :redface:

·
Registered
137 Posts
Actually, just the other day I had an offer of 4,000 for it. And as a matter of fact that's how I got it. I was doing some work on the rich side of town, saw it parked and hadn't been moved for a while. Knocked on the guys door, gave it to me for 500! 6 cyl 5 spd hardtop 101,000 miles. He lost the keys for it, but that just happens to be my profession. So if you can find them like that then just turn around and sell them it could be quite the profession!
Wow, someone else paid the same for their Jeep as mine. My husband got me my TJ last Oct. for our anniversary for $500 from a lady who didn't want to spend the money to have the brakes done. My husband is a mechanic and it had been brought in to where he works. She asked him to give her a quote first and then said she just didn't want it anymore. I get offers for it all the time, and there are people in my town who think they are waiting for me to get tired of it. LOL! :rofl:

·
Registered
2,585 Posts
I had someone offer 3000 for mine a while back, but I declined because I wasn't looking to sell. Maybe I should have considered..

·
Registered
73 Posts
The day I bought my Jeep I was driving it home and it had about 1000 issues, so I got it towed the rest of the way. The tow truck drive offered to buy it from me...we didnt get into specifics however as I didnt want to give up so quickly...

·
Registered
455 Posts
Guy at work asked me the other day to let him know if i wanted to sell

·
Registered
119 Posts
You guys who get offers can give them my link on the for sale page here on my Jeep.

I'm entertaining offers. But I was never offered to sell out of the blue.

·
Premium Member
7,920 Posts
Usually I get offers to trade for something else-or they want to go for a ride, but they are interested-and sometimes hear, "I didn't know Jeep made a truck. What year is that?"

1 - 20 of 25 Posts