1 - 20 of 246 Posts

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Jeep
Published 2 hours ago
V8-powered Jeep Wrangler crashes Ford Bronco's party
Jeep is raining on rival's parade...
Jeep decided to rain power on Monday night’s Ford Bronco debut parade by unveiling a Wrangler equipped with a V8 engine. The Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 392 is equipped with a 6.4-liter Hemi V8 rated at 450 hp and 450 lb-ft of torque. While billed as a concept, Jeep said it’s an indication that Wrangler fans who’ve been wanting a V8 model “may soon get their wish.”

·
Registered
5,633 Posts
Well I guess the Rubicon is up to the task.
392 Hemi and 37s from the factory.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Found on another forum.. in Allegheny Co. PA.

·
Registered
5,633 Posts
Apparently 30 units already built. They were just waiting for the right time to let us know.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Apparently 30 units already built. They were just waiting for the right time to let us know.

I thought everywhere still said it was a concept, with some speculation that it may eventually become production

·
Registered
5,633 Posts
I thought everywhere still said it was a concept, with some speculation that it may eventually become production
They will call it a concept until those 30 units are released.. No different then the Bronco being shown and only taking orders.

·
Registered
1,014 Posts

·
Registered
1,273 Posts

·
Super Moderator
9,627 Posts
Those look like 35” tires at most, with a 2” lift.

Chances are it will come with 35” tires from the factory, with the capacity to fit 37” tires without mods.

The last thing FCA wants is to try to sell a JLU with a 392 HEMI, 37” tires, and an EPA rating of 12 MPG.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Those look like 35” tires at most, with a 2” lift.

Chances are it will come with 35” tires from the factory, with the capacity to fit 37” tires without mods.

The last thing FCA wants is to try to sell a JLU with a 392 HEMI, 37” tires, and an EPA rating of 12 MPG.

View attachment 4446456
2020 Durango SRT 392 is EPA rated 13 City / 19 Hwy.. and Car and Driver actual real world driving results were 18 mpg. The Durango SRT will even do a sick four-wheel burnout.

·
Super Moderator
9,627 Posts
2020 Durango SRT 392 is EPA rated 13 City / 19 Hwy.. and Car and Driver actual real world driving results were 18 mpg. The Durango SRT will even do a sick four-wheel burnout.
The same 3.6 V6 and 8-speed automatic that gets 19/26 MPG on Durango gets only 18/22 on the much lighter Wrangler. It is a b*tch trying to move that brick through the wind. Add a V8 and 37" tires, and it won't take much to sink those EPA numbers into the low teens.

·
Registered
4,723 Posts
you pay to play

·
Super Moderator
2,477 Posts
Bright spot is it won’t come with ESS, but yeah the city mileage is going to be low teens. The highway mileage won’t drop much because the 6.4 has cylinder deactivation.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I keep looking at the Jeep website, and see that four door Rubicon granite color 4door with the hemi v8 engine. They're teasing it but no details. It looks awesome but seams like a big V8 would be a bit overkill to me. I would love to see a twin turbo v6 with like 370 hp as an option, like in the Bronco. Im hoping the return of the Bronco with all the good stuff they are putting in them will fire FCA up tp start adding more options to keep up so the Bronco doesn't steal customers away.

Any of you have any info on the V8 in the Jeep deal??

·
Registered
316 Posts
I keep seeing articles about the 392 being tested in the real world... and as an answer to the Bronco 2.7 Turbo it seems inevitable. The 392 will be cool for sure, it’s not for me, but will be neat to see them on the street. It’ll also plant the Wrangler firmly at the top of the HP war with the Bronco, plus it’ll be a real V8 which I’m sure will appeal to many vs the small displacement turbo motors from Ford.

·
Grumpy Old Guy
3,309 Posts
5.7 or 6.4, your choice.

I'll be interested in a Bronco once one is actually on the trails and not picking up moms groceries.

1 - 20 of 246 Posts