Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

181 - 200 of 275 Posts

·
Super Moderator
16,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #182
Do we have a list of colors that are being offered or is it just the regular 2021 colors?

Thanks

Per the press release:

The 2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 392 is available in nine exterior colors: Black, Bright White, Firecracker Red, Granite Crystal Metallic, Punk ’n Metallic, Sarge Green Metallic, Snazzberry Metallic, Sting-Gray Metallic and Billet Silver Metallic, all with a black interior.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Per the press release:

The 2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 392 is available in nine exterior colors: Black, Bright White, Firecracker Red, Granite Crystal Metallic, Punk ’n Metallic, Sarge Green Metallic, Snazzberry Metallic, Sting-Gray Metallic and Billet Silver Metallic, all with a black interior.

View attachment 4464798
Thank you! I missed that

·
Super Moderator
2,499 Posts
I have a JK so I’m curious what interior issues you’re seeing on the JL?
I should’ve been more specific. Design issue.

The driver seat is uncomfortable for big people. At 6’4” I found the JL had less legroom and headroom than JK.

The 4WD shifter was also right on my knee

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
I am probably in the minority, but I don’t want power windows/locks, I don’t want TPMS, I don’t want leather, don’t want heated seats, don’t want any of that...... at least not in a jeep...... Fenders don’t bother me, as factory fenders and bumpers are always first to go on my jeeps.

I personally would like them to make jeeps available with lockers and better axles as options..... even gearing options, although nothing from the the factory will ever come out with 4.88 and up

·
Premium Member
2,918 Posts
Well, at least dual tops, trail camera, tow package are options. That is good. Not sure if I would order dual doors as that appears to be quite pricey. I don't think I will ever try to power top. That looks like a repair waiting to happen to me. I prefer the manual Mopar Premium Soft Top. I have never had half doors but they look really cool.

·
Registered
4,741 Posts
I am probably in the minority, but I don’t want power windows/locks, I don’t want TPMS, I don’t want leather, don’t want heated seats, don’t want any of that...... at least not in a jeep...... Fenders don’t bother me, as factory fenders and bumpers are always first to go on my jeeps.

I personally would like them to make jeeps available with lockers and better axles as options..... even gearing options, although nothing from the the factory will ever come out with 4.88 and up
If you want a simple machine with power, just find a CJ5 or CJ7 and do a complete frame off resto on it. Any engine or trans you want.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Look, I admit I don't understand how they rate tow capacity. I know that wheelbase helps stability but this monster Jeep has a reinforced frame, much larger engine, beefed up brakes, but no increase in tow capacity? So, three things I want to see published. MPG, price, tow capacity.
one of the biggest factors in towing, based on the same frame/platform, has a lot to do with tire compounds and ratings, in the same way speed is regulated on certain “performance’ vehicles. Who runs steel belted radials on a Jeep? The Raptor, with over 50HP and 100TQ over the non Raptor variant has its towing capacity cut in half. So factor in off-road tuned suspension, higher center of gravity, etc., etc., and it’s understandable that towing remains the same, or in the Ford’s case, significantly lowered.

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
one of the biggest factors in towing, based on the same frame/platform, has a lot to do with tire compounds and ratings, in the same way speed is regulated on certain “performance’ vehicles. Who runs steel belted radials on a Jeep? The Raptor, with over 50HP and 100TQ over the non Raptor variant has its towing capacity cut in half. So factor in off-road tuned suspension, higher center of gravity, etc., etc., and it’s understandable that towing remains the same, or in the Ford’s case, significantly lowered.
Welcome to the Forum 0IIIIIII0

·
Premium Member
9,941 Posts
fleet manager where I purchase my Jeeps emailed me saying he ordered two Rubicon 392s...

he's going to get back with me on pricing and order policies.

·
RETIRED MODERATOR
65,254 Posts
Welcome to the Forum, from Cave Creek AZ.

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
Have we reached the point yet where we complain it's not a "real" Jeep?

I can't afford the 392, but I would if I could.

·
Premium Member
2,918 Posts
Has anyone seen if they have the option for the reinforced tailgate? That is a must for me.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Has anyone seen if they have the option for the reinforced tailgate? That is a must for me.
They do. Very few options to pick from, but that was one of them. Sky top, half doors (which are $3995!!!!) tow package and I think another wheel choice. Dealer has 6 allotted . I got 1st 😀
Dealers cant officially “order” yet, not until pricing is released . Build sheet says “pending”

·
Premium Member
2,918 Posts
They do. Very few options to pick from, but that was one of them. Sky top, half doors (which are $3995!!!!) tow package and I think another wheel choice. Dealer has 6 allotted . I got 1st 😀
Dealers cant officially “order” yet, not until pricing is released . Build sheet says “pending”
Hot dog! Keep us posted. What color did you go for?

181 - 200 of 275 Posts