Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

21 - 40 of 922 Posts

·
Registered
5,147 Posts
Jeep is going to have to step up, or they will lose a lot of customers to the Bronco.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
People will buy the better cheaper product... the Ford.
I almost feel bad for Fiat, oh wait no i dont.

The Bronco dont look bad but I would rather have a Jimny.

·
Super Moderator
10,660 Posts
A 6.4 liter HEMI with half the cylinders deactivated is still...a 3.2 liter motor. Or, to put it in perspective, a 4-cyl engine about the size of the standard 3.6 V6... :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
98 Posts
that's it , the one they have been showing on the jeep website. I was talking to some people at work about this and one kid said you can order the wrangler with the v8, I pretty much know that's not so. I do belive this will come soon as an answer to the Bronco.

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
So is there zero chance this would come to fruition with a stick shift? (Kinda hoping the answer is "yes" so I don't have to worry about budgeting for this thing, haha.)

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
I would be happy with a 5 liter V-8. I think the Wrangler should have had a small V-8 available as soon as they started building four door models.

·
Super Moderator
2,728 Posts
So is there zero chance this would come to fruition with a stick shift? (Kinda hoping the answer is "yes" so I don't have to worry about budgeting for this thing, haha.)
Sadly, I think it’s close to zero chance of a manual.

·
Registered
395 Posts
I would be happy with a 5 liter V-8. I think the Wrangler should have had a small V-8 available as soon as they started building four door models.
Same here, I'd be happy with the 5.7 if it was available in the 2 door and only added $2000 ish to the price. Think it's a $1500 option on the Ram Tradesman

·
Super Moderator
2,728 Posts
Same here, I'd be happy with the 5.7 if it was available in the 2 door and only added $2000 ish to the price. Think it's a $1500 option on the Ram Tradesman
Yes but it’s only cheap in the Ram because the pickup segment is so competitive.

The 5.7 is much more expensive in FCA’s other offerings:

Grand Cherokee: $3,395
Durango: $3,995

I’d still take the 5.7 in the JL at $4k

·
Premium Member
961 Posts
What I am waiting for is to see what AXLE'S they are going to put in the 392 Hemi version. Dana 44's, I guarantee you EVERY one sold will have a broken axle in the first year, even if they DON'T GO OFF ROAD. A few smokey burnouts and a D-44 will be HISTORY!!! Minimum of a D-60 to support a 392 Hemi.

Reactions: sourdough

·
Super Moderator
2,728 Posts
What I am waiting for is to see what AXLE'S they are going to put in the 392 Hemi version. Dana 44's, I guarantee you EVERY one sold will have a broken axle in the first year, even if they DON'T GO OFF ROAD. A few smokey burnouts and a D-44 will be HISTORY!!! Minimum of a D-60 to support a 392 Hemi.
They’ve already said it’s going to be the Rubicon’s wide D44’s front and rear. Just like they do for the 3.0 diesel

·
Premium Member
961 Posts
They’ve already said it’s going to be the Rubicon’s wide D44’s front and rear. Just like they do for the 3.0 diesel
Sorry, Unless they put a 10 year, UNLIMITED mileage, NO QUESTIONS ASKED, MAX CARE WARRANTY on those axles, not going there.

·
Premium Member
961 Posts
So, a Dynatrac 60/80 combo, Adams Extreme drive shafts and you'll have a bullet proof 500 HP monster??? Hmmm!? Maybe. Let's watch for a year of so.

·
Super Moderator
10,660 Posts
Someone on JL Wrangler Forums attended a Jeep Wrangler marketing event and got to talk to FCA staff and see the 392, 4Xe and Grand Wagoneer up close.

In his estimation, 392 is not going to come to market. The vehicle still showed early prototype fit-and-finish, and FCA was evasive about any concrete plans.

He was impressed with 4Xe, though, FWIW.

·
Premium Member
10,156 Posts
I think I'd forget Jeep offering any off-road performance vehicles. If you want a V8 that will tear-up sand dunes and washboards at speed across desert roads, wander over to the RAM website and build a RAM 1500 TRX.

21 - 40 of 922 Posts