Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

521 - 540 of 611 Posts

·
Registered
7,242 Posts
No mods necessary? Where’s the fun in that. I think for most people after they buy it they they won’t have any money left anyway.

·
Premium Member
1,451 Posts
Hello all just joined the site the past couple of days. I thought I would give you an update on my Rubicon 392. It is in D1 status and shows an estimated ship date of 2/17. Looks like they are starting to build them!
Welcome to the Forum, is this your first Wrangler? I am not getting a 392 but I'm sure they are going to be sweet!

Reactions: SteedGun

·
Premium Member
3,223 Posts
I have owned several Wranglers, but none since 2015. I always felt they needed more power. I think the 392 will take care of that.
Welcome to the forum. I think you will also like the JL better than the JK. I know we will love the horsepower....

Did they give you MSRP yet? If so, please share.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I just checked with my dealer and no pricing yet. He is hoping next week to get something. If he does I will share.

·
Super Moderator
16,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #526
yet wont deliver one without a motor so you can downcharge them and end up saving enoughto put your own 392 in it,....
Seriously doubt they'll ever do a "no motor" option on any model. Vehicle needs to travel under it's own power once it hits the back door; get to the lot(s), get on a train, get on a car hauler, etc.

·
Premium Member
1,451 Posts
Seriously doubt they'll ever do a "no motor" option on any model. Vehicle needs to travel under it's own power once it hits the back door; get to the lot(s), get on a train, get on a car hauler, etc.
They could sell it with no engine or floor boards and you could Fred Flintstone it around until someone bought it. You would get great MPGs that way but it would be crazy slow.

·
Registered
733 Posts
I think you will also like the JL better than the JK.
This is a matter of personal opinion. I could have gone from my JKUR to a JL multiples time and have not. There are plenty of Jeepers that prefer the JK over the JL and I am one of them. Having said that....the 8 speed tranny did have me thinking on different occasions. Either way, the 392 aspect is like bringing a gun to a knife fight. It will undoubtedly be awesome. Congrats to those who have cowboyed up.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Mine is in I status which is final inspection. Dealer thinks they might hold it until end of the month before shipping. Once shipped I should have a window sticker and I will post it.

·
Registered
733 Posts
Mine is in I status which is final inspection. Dealer thinks they might hold it until end of the month before shipping. Once shipped I should have a window sticker and I will post it.
It must be intense anticipation waiting for these rigs. The waiting is probably a PITA but my neighbor has a pumpkin spice JL that she had to have shipped to North Dakota in order to get a 6.4 Hemi installed. That process probably took as long as this one ultimately will but you will have a factory rig with factory warranty. Exciting stuff.

·
Premium Member
3,223 Posts
Sting Grey
Dual doors
Off road camera
Tow package
Was my options
Hardtop headliner
Black grill

I was able to get a killer deal from local dealer invoice +$1000. Can't wait
Welcome to the forum and keep us posted.

521 - 540 of 611 Posts