Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

541 - 560 of 611 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,223 Posts
This thread went cold. Does anyone have updated or more MSRP info? I still don't have a VIN on my VON. :sneaky:

·
Premium Member
3,223 Posts
Someone posted msrp info but not all of it. I got a VIN last week and fingers crossed on more info this week.
Yes, I saw the one post about MSRP but I would like to see confirmations and more detail. I have quite the wait but I still need to plan for this expensive Jeep.

·
Registered
7,242 Posts
Keep emptying the pockets until there’s nothing but lint.

·
Premium Member
10,064 Posts
I find it interesting the Rubicon 392 average price is 10% of the average price of a home in SoCal..

Same as it ever was...

·
Registered
7,242 Posts
I find it interesting the Rubicon 392 average price is 10% of the average price of a home in SoCal..

Same as it ever was...
I happened to Zillow a friends home near MDR, $1.4M. My house is Arizona is 3X bigger and I could buy 3 of them for that price.

Reactions: HardRockRube

·
Registered
7,242 Posts
Not sure what MRD is but you couldn't give me a free house in San Fran Commyfornia if I was required to actually live in it.
Marina del Rey. Not nearly as bad as SF, but I also wouldn’t live there. Spent too much of life there working and got the hell out 8 years ago.

Reactions: HardRockRube

·
Premium Member
10,064 Posts
Is this old or 'new' news?

MSRP announced.
New news... this is a "Launch Edition"... sneaky bastards.

Therefore I should be able to order a regular Rubicon 392 without all the "Launch Edition" bells and whistles.
  • 2021 Jeep® Wrangler Rubicon 392 launch edition, packed with 470 horsepower and 470 lb.-ft. of torque with a 6.4-liter V-8, carries a starting U.S. manufacturer's suggested retail price (MSRP) of $73,500 (excluding $1,495 destination)
  • Wrangler Rubicon 392 includes off-road-ready content, including 2-inch factory lift, functional hood scoop with Hydro-Guide™ air intake, beadlock-capable wheels, unique bolstered leather seats and active dual-mode exhaust system
  • Rubicon 392 launch edition also includes leather interior, body-color hardtop and fender flares, Steel Bumper Group, LED Lighting Group and Advanced Safety Group
  • Wrangler Rubicon 392 handles any terrain with Selec-Trac two-speed transfer case, full-time four-wheel-drive, heavy-duty wide track Dana 44 axles with Tru-Lok electronic locking differentials and electronic front sway-bar disconnect
  • Off-road performance, handling and durability enhanced with upgraded frame rails, factory 2-inch lift, unique suspension geometry, heavy-duty brakes and FOX high-performance shocks
  • Rubicon 392's potent 6.4-liter (or 392-cubic-inch) power plant marks the first time in 40 years that Wrangler offers an available V-8 engine installed at the factory
  • New 2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 392 scheduled to start arriving in dealerships in the first quarter of 2021
  • Rubicon 392 is recognized with signature bronze tow hooks, springs and badges
The well-equipped Wrangler Rubicon 392 launch edition is also loaded with features that include:
  • Leather interior
  • Body-color hardtop
  • Body-color flares
  • Infotainment Group
  • HD electrical switch bank
  • Steel Bumper Group
  • Cold Weather Group
  • LED Lighting Group
  • Remote proximity entry
  • Safety Group
  • Advanced Safety Group

Reactions: jeep63

·
Premium Member
3,223 Posts
So, the real (to us) MSRP is $74,995 before options. So, add options and sales tax if you have sales tax, licensing, processing fees and here we go. As mentioned above time to bend over and hang on to your ankles. Honestly, that is just about what I had figured. I had guessed MSRP $75,000. Now, time to sell the wife, kids, house, dog, well maybe not the dog.

·
Registered
7,242 Posts
In all seriousness I would like to know how you guys plan to use these 392 Jeeps. I paid less than $30K for my JKU and I still had a little heartburn the first time I pinstriped her real good in the desert. My Mercedes was in the $80K region and I keep her pretty pristine. So are these pavement princesses or you guys planning to rip them up?

Reactions: m998dna

·
Premium Member
3,223 Posts
In all seriousness I would like to know how you guys plan to use these 392 Jeeps. I paid less than $30K for my JKU and I still had a little heartburn the first time I pinstriped her real good in the desert. My Mercedes was in the $80K region and I keep her pretty pristine. So are these pavement princesses or you guys planning to rip them up?
I will be very honest here. I have no idea yet. Right now I plan on replacing my 2020 JLUR with this 392 so it would need to go offroad with me. I am fortunate as my 2020 is paid off so I can keep both for a while and decide. There is a chance I will just not like the 392 and turn around and sell it. Right now it looks like I could make some good money selling one. If I end up loving it then the 2020 JLUR will need to go. All this has me as mixed up as a teenage kid in love.

So, the plan right now is to run it just like I would any Jeep. That might change, give me five minutes.

·
Premium Member
10,064 Posts
No way I'd rip up a $80K vehicle... I just want an opportunity (at the right cost) to own a JLU Rubicon 392 Hemi before they sunset the motor.

I'd save the ripping up part on an off-road bike..

and in all honesty, the older I get the more I'm being the one ripped up.

It's not a high priority for me to own one...

Reactions: Leadnut

·
Registered
7,242 Posts
I’d be in the same camp, my initial thought would be I couldn’t stomach taking a new $80K vehicle into the desert and tearing up the beautiful paint. That could definitely change when it got older, but not new.

Reactions: m998dna
541 - 560 of 611 Posts