Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

41 - 60 of 901 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,725 Posts
I’ll be curious to see which transfer case they put behind it if it makes production.

The 6.4’s torque is known to destroy clutch packs in the SRT.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Just a thought, I drove my stock JL Rubicon 2.0T in rain and it was a quite a show. The rear was so easy to loose traction, fishtail and oversteer at the turns - it became somewhat annoying and I have to switch to 4H, so I can go uphill at stop signs. It feels that 2.0T is way too much power on light rear end already, and this power monster should be a lot of fun to keep on the road in inclement weather condition. Good Luck!

·
Premium Member
3,410 Posts
I looked but did not see if they increased the towing capacity with the larger engine?

·
Super Moderator
2,725 Posts
I looked but did not see if they increased the towing capacity with the larger engine?
Nope, it won’t change. The engine is not the limiting factor in the JL’s tow rating,

·
Registered
898 Posts
Where did you see it confirmed?

·
Registered
898 Posts

·
Registered
6,733 Posts
Sooo, all these people saying the Bronco has this STUFF that the Wrangler doesn’t. What is this STUFF other then the IFS that we don’t want? Do people not know what is in the their Wranglers and the options available.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Sooo, all these people saying the Bronco has this STUFF that the Wrangler doesn’t. What is this STUFF other then the IFS that we don’t want? Do people not know what is in the their Wranglers and the options available.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I recently joined a Bronco forum. Fresh aesthetics/styling seem to be a big deal to Bronco fans. And definitely they see our solid axles as huge safety/ride quality concerns. My impression after a coupla weeks there is they see Wranglers as being stuck in the past, and with crappy pricing compared to the to-be Bronco.

·
Registered
6,733 Posts
I recently joined a Bronco forum. Fresh aesthetics/styling seem to be a big deal to Bronco fans. And definitely they see our solid axles as huge safety/ride quality concerns. My impression after a coupla weeks there is they see Wranglers as being stuck in the past, and with crappy pricing compared to the to-be Bronco.
Lol that’s so funny. They will be sorrily disappointed when the Bronco with its sort arm Ranger IFS wont be much better at high speed desert running then the Wrangler. They seem to not realize what they are getting.
Yup the Wrangler is stuck in the past that’s why Ford copied everything on the Wrangler. I guess thats how they make themselves feel better to quash the disappointment and justify being stuck with yet another IFS SUV just like all the others.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Retired Moderator
100,576 Posts
Great INFO Jay, thank you..(y)

·
Registered
259 Posts
The 392 is never going to happen due to emissions. It was a stunt to combat the Bronco.

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
Jeep® Announces It Will Unveil A New Vehicle On November 17th:
Expect The Production Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon 392 To Show Its Face...

41 - 60 of 901 Posts