Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

781 - 800 of 894 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,402 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,143 Posts
Does anyone have a mechanically sound method for attaching a front license plate to a 392 Rubicon ???
How's enforcement in your state/local area?

California requires front plates, but I never mount them. I have three vehicles with no front plates. Been doing that for 45 years.

·
Registered
7,848 Posts
How's enforcement in your state/local area?

California requires front plates, but I never mount them. I have three vehicles with no front plates. Been doing that for 45 years.
Try parking in West Hollywood area. You’ll have a no front license plate ticket in one hour tops. When I lived in that area I glued magnets to the back of my plate and always put the plate on while parked. Only after I got tickets. Driving is another story, never got a ticket that way.

Reactions: Eugene Rubicon 392

·
Premium Member
3,402 Posts
Here in Utah they enforce it when they notice it. In other words it is a risk but not a huge one. I prefer not to draw attention so I just put the front plate on.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Try parking in West Hollywood area. You’ll have a no front license plate ticket in one hour tops. When I lived in that area I glued magnets to the back of my plate and always put the plate on while parked. Only after I got tickets. Driving is another story, never got a ticket that way.
All states should agree to require ONLY A REAR plate. When a vehicle is required to have 2 plates, one can be affixed to a particular vehicle and the other can be affixed to a DIFFERENT VEHICLE. If only ONE plate was issued to a vehicle (in the same way as motorcycles only have a rear plate) there is less possibility that games can be played.

·
Premium Member
10,143 Posts
for a short time, I had a Sheriff parking enforcement officer writing me tickets on one vehicle parked in front of my house. I paid and ignored their attempts to make me comply. I wouldn't install the plate... period. I live in an unincorporated area.

But if it came down to it, push comes to shove... I'd use Velcro strips to attach the plate.

the meter maid got reassigned.

·
Premium Member
10,143 Posts
All states should agree to require ONLY A REAR plate. When a vehicle is required to have 2 plates, one can be affixed to a particular vehicle and the other can be affixed to a DIFFERENT VEHICLE. If only ONE plate was issued to a vehicle (in the same way as motorcycles only have a rear plate) there is less possibility that games can be played.
I agree. l've always used that same argument.. if it's good enough for motorcycles, it's good enough for my cars and motorcycle. It makes zero sense to mount a plate in the front.

waste of our criminal resources... they could be doing other things. 😂

·
Premium Member
10,143 Posts
Here in Utah they enforce it when they notice it. In other words it is a risk but not a huge one. I prefer not to draw attention so I just put the front plate on.
Is that legal? The way you have that mounted? Law enforcement officer couldn't read that if you were on the run...

😉

·
Registered
57 Posts

I have done the Maximus-3 on my 2014 Jeep and a Warn plate that came with the winch plate below on my 2020 JL.

According to the link provided :
Maximus-3 Front License Plate Bracket is no longer available...

·
Premium Member
10,143 Posts
Thanks. Received mine this morning. It says SELECT 2020 and 2021 Jeep Vehicles. Does anyone know if that includes the 2021 Rubicon 392 ???
Includes.. but you need to take retail delivery by June 30, 2021.

1. Valid toward the purchase or lease of new and unused 2020 and 2021 (excluding Grand Cherokee SRT®/Trackhawk®) Jeep Brand vehicles. Take retail delivery by June 30, 2021. Not available to the general public. Valid for the person named on certificate and transferable only to immediate family members within the same household (requires proof of address via government-issued identification). Certificate must be presented to dealer at time of purchase or lease. Only one (1) certificate per email or postal mail address. Only one (1) original certificate may be redeemed per eligible customer. If original certificate is lost, a dealer can verify customer eligibility. Offer not redeemable on a purchase or lease made prior to receiving this certificate. Certificate is nonnegotiable and not redeemable for cash. See participating dealer for details. Program ID: 40CM6

·
Registered
6,720 Posts
Does anyone have a mechanically sound method for attaching a front license plate to a 392 Rubicon ???
AEV makes a license plate bracket that bolts on behind the Hawse fairlead. Or you can find a number of flip up brackets for Hawse or roller fairleads.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
57 Posts
I got the $1000 coupon in mail today. Dealer told me my Jeep is in Ky this morning only a few hours for me. 🤞 I get it this week.

anyone know how many are being made and how to determine what number you get?
Your dealer should be able to provide hou with your VIN and your window sticker at this point. How many will be made - ???

781 - 800 of 894 Posts