Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

881 - 894 of 894 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Wish I could see that license more clearly to determine some things. Did it look like a civilian vehicle? There is something odd about the edges of the windows, unless it's a trick of the light.
That is a manufacturer plate, tied to Stellantis.

That is the actual chrome trim around the windows. It is a design choice.

·
Registered
671 Posts
I see Broncos daily. They are all over here it seems....... Then I spoke with a surgeon I work with, and he’s on the waiting list (Sport, white hard top (remove-able) )

They told him he can have a a non removable top, or soft top. He is still technically on the “wait list” but he bought out his car lease and he said he’s waiting for the 2022 models to get what he really wants.

I told him to wait for the new FJs
New FJs?

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
They are “supposed” to come out this year, but not available to order yet on dealer sites, and now it seems like they scrapped the whole idea........

They still make the in UAE, but I don’t think you can import them

·
Registered
7,848 Posts
There are a lot of Toyota trucks and SUVs in the Middle East that are very old school and reasonably priced. Would love to have one. A friend lives in Saudi and he was showing me a website of vehicles for sale. But, you wouldn’t be able to register them in the states.

·
Premium Member
10,143 Posts
LOVING IT !!
Very happy I took the plunge.
Have over 1,500 miles on my new 392.
It's like driving a unicorn with a tiger's growl ! View attachment 4513475
nice Eugene... it appears you're the only one here that has a Rubicon 392.

If you get a chance and can look.. what's the clearance of the rear tire inner sidewall to the closest suspension component? Usually its the rear anti-sway bar or shock bracket or trailing arm...

Trying to figure out what the widest tire can fit on these with the factory wheels.

Thanks in advance...

Reactions: SteedGun

·
Premium Member
3,402 Posts
These guys test different size tires on the 392. They do not use the factory wheel on each size but I think you will find this helpful.

·
Registered
57 Posts
nice Eugene... it appears you're the only one here that has a Rubicon 392.

If you get a chance and can look.. what's the clearance of the rear tire inner sidewall to the closest suspension component? Usually its the rear anti-sway bar or shock bracket or trailing arm...

Trying to figure out what the widest tire can fit on these with the factory wheels.

Thanks in advance...
It looks like the trailing arm has about 2 inches of clearance to the widest inside edge of the tire; whereas the clearance from same to rear shock is about 2-1/2 ". Photos have some parallax, but I'd say the trailing arm is the limiting factor.
20210606_093737.jpg
20210606_093832.jpg

·
Premium Member
10,143 Posts

·
Premium Member
787 Posts
Was out in Michigan this weekend for the Jeep Invasion and there was (1) 392 Rubi out here.

Reactions: Old Dogger

·
Registered
306 Posts
The 392 is cool...but that price. Makes a hemi swap look cheap. Plus, all those folks adding 37s+ to stock axles on a pentastar are going to have so much more fun trying that with 450+ lb/ft......

·
Premium Member
3,402 Posts
Today I found out that my Hydro blue 392 Rubicon order is in the paint stage. So, it appears this will happen and I am stoked.

A factory done Hemi is much different than a Hemi swap. Also, I will be only going to 35s and plan on moderate trails. I am not into metal bender trails. The dual exhaust mode alone for me is worth the price then you have a beefed up frame and suspension.

I can still hear Eugene off in the hills "wheeeeeeeeeeeee". Be safe Eugene and don't get too many speeding tickets.

·
Premium Member
3,402 Posts
Today I sold my 2020 JLUR for a nice premium. The market is nuts right now. So, I drive my truck and wait for the 392.

Anyone that already has a 392 please compare the brass color on the accents to the available colors of Rustoleum spray paint and let me know which one you think matches. I have ordered Smittybilt Apollo Sliders for this Jeep just like I had on my 2020 and I want to match the panels with the brass accents.

881 - 894 of 894 Posts