Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

161 - 180 of 275 Posts

·
Super Moderator
9,647 Posts
Haven’t heard. But I doubt it.

FCA has this habit of showing all this cool stuff on concepts; half of which never makes it to production.

I doubt this vehicle is going to sell in enough volume to justify one-off options like red seats.

·
Registered
5,665 Posts
At this point I think if you want the $50k 392 it’s gonna be a special order only. Moat on the lot will likely be loaded for $70-80K like the trucks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
At this point I think if you want the $50k 392 it’s gonna be a special order only. Moat on the lot will likely be loaded for $70-80K like the trucks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
How much more useless crap can they pad the price with? They already have almost every mall crawler must have that the factory offers! :ROFLMAO:

·
Premium Member
2,918 Posts
I am hoping in the order process that a buyer could add or eliminate some of the options. We have much to learn about this monster Jeep so buckle up folks it looks like an interesting ride.

·
Super Moderator
9,647 Posts
One has to be nuts to order anything without knowing the price.

Might as well walk into the middle of the dealer showroom, put your hands up...and yell “Take me now!”

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
They’re going to be “standard features” you won’t be able to eliminate them.

Ordering opened yesterday
When you say ordering opened, is that only by or through a dealership? Can I go online and “build” and see what configurations I can and cannot get?

·
Super Moderator
16,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #171
The dealer I buy from I've ordered blind before, just negotiated a % off invoice and signed the dotted line. Easy peesy.
Not inferring that I think these will sell for under invoice.

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
I am late to the party I’m sure, but as a 3-vehicle, all 3-pedal owner...... I don’t like “supercars” like Lamborghini etc to lose the manual shifter in lieu of paddles..... and it’s a bummer on the Maserati Cambriocorsa, but I really welcome a Jeep or other off-road vehicle with paddle shifters.

·
Registered
4,741 Posts
The dealer I buy from I've ordered blind before, just negotiated a % off invoice and signed the dotted line. Easy peesy.
Not inferring that I think these will sell for under invoice.
UNDER INVOICE !!!! LOLOLOL. These things are going to be a pot of gold for the dealers. I am waiting for the supercharged version. If ya want one better get it quick as the EPA could be killing these.

Reactions: Blue Baby Sound

·
Registered
637 Posts
The writing was on the wall with the Hard Rock. Tying functional upgrades to cosmetic and comfort upgrades is a classic upsell that the Rubicon thankfully avoided for the most part for many years. Once they saw how well the HR sold the game was over for pure substance over style buyers.
I'm on my 5th Wrangler through the course of my lifetime starting with a 95' 2 door manual in-line 6 soft top. We also had the very first version of the Rubicon in a 2 door khaki metallic and the first version of the 4 door JKU. I now have a 2016 Hard Rock and it is by far the nicest and most capable Jeep I have ever owned. Personally I think they knocked it completely out of the park with this rig. None of them have been mall crawlers and many of us actually use these Jeeps for what they were made for even though they are in fact quite nice, certainly nicer than they need to be but that is precisely what I wanted and what I got. The creature comforts make the daily driving much more enjoyable as well as the off-road trips. I said when the JL came out that I would not be going with one and keeping mine, which I will probably do anyway, but the stock 6.4L and other upgrades are certainly interesting. My guess is $70k as well which is another thing all together.

Attachments

·
Registered
238 Posts
Too bad they saddled the 392 with the auto transfer case. I would imagine this is the same one used in the Ram trucks. The auto transfer case does not actually lock, even in 4 low as it uses clutches not a chain. These have had some problems in the trucks. If the sensors detect an overheat, think tough rocky trail, it will disengage the clutches and/or go into limp mode to save itself (no 4x4 at all till it cools off). No thanks give me a manual case. The 400+ HP V8 will be a lot of fun though, a friend has has a CJ7 with a 400hp built 401 in it. Quite a blast to drive.

·
Registered
700 Posts
I'm on my 5th Wrangler through the course of my lifetime starting with a 95' 2 door manual in-line 6 soft top. We also had the very first version of the Rubicon in a 2 door khaki metallic and the first version of the 4 door JKU. I now have a 2016 Hard Rock and it is by far the nicest and most capable Jeep I have ever owned. Personally I think they knocked it completely out of the park with this rig. None of them have been mall crawlers and many of us actually use these Jeeps for what they were made for even though they are in fact quite nice, certainly nicer than they need to be but that is precisely what I wanted and what I got. The creature comforts make the daily driving much more enjoyable as well as the off-road trips. I said when the JL came out that I would not be going with one and keeping mine, which I will probably do anyway, but the stock 6.4L and other upgrades are certainly interesting. My guess is $70k as well which is another thing all together.
I'm in your same boat, but the pricing I keep getting offered for my 2017 JKUHR are insane....compared to what I paid for it back on 2016. Makes me want to trade-in and upgrade to this 392!

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
I have no issue with them offering those things. I have an issue with them tying them to functional upgrades. Personally, I think the color matched tops and fenders look stupid. I don't want leather since I use seat covers that I can remove to wash. Hell, I don't even like the failure prone disconnects but I understand why we're stuck with them when you buy a Rubicon. None of those things enhance my use of my Jeep in any way either DDing it or on road trips. We all have different preferences.

Before the HR, you could buy the top of the line off road wrangler with just the stuff that made it the best off road, and none of the fluff. After that became the Mall crawler gold standard it was pretty clear that Jeep could start to ignore the folks who just wanted capability without all the extras. Not all HRs are pavement princesses are, but they are the go to package for those who want the ultimate mall crawler. I'm a big believer in buying what you want, so if you want all that stuff and never leave the pavement, cool. If you want all that stuff and wheel it hard, cool. But the reality is that Jeep had enough success with the HR that they are now following that same recipe going forward and I think that's a huge loss for off-road enthusiasts going forward.

·
Registered
4,741 Posts
FCA knows that they better grab people's money before they spend it on a Bronco. When you can actually go buy a Bronco off the lot every Bronco will be one less Wrangler sold. A $70K Wrangler sale now will stop a Bronco sale next year. As the Covid thing goes away, people that have money will want to spend it, celebrate with a new toy. I am sure that Ford has a marketing plan for the Bronco for many years down the road. Buy a Bronco today and trade it in for the better one next year. The 392 will leave the Bronco on the dust but not a 5.0 Supercharged one with a 10 speed auto trans. Fun times. I really need to win the lottery.

·
Premium Member
2,918 Posts
I have never owned a big muscle car or Jeep. I got to drive a Shelby for a few blocks when I was a kid. I was so worried about crashing it that I never really touched the power. Probably the fastest car I have driven was a Chrysler 300 rental car in Vancouver Canada. Not sure why but they gave me and my business partner a souped up 300. We hit the gas from stop light to stop light. I am surprised we didn't get in trouble. Spinning tires and roaring down the road. So, is this tempting? Maybe. It is certainly interesting. I am not a fan of body colored top and fenders but I might be able to overlook those. The other "niceties" I actually like. The biggest miss for me is the tire, wheels, and colors. If they had a Hydro blue or Hellayella then that would be good. I have already had too many red Jeeps. Although, I do love red...

·
Registered
9 Posts
Dealer. It’s like the blind 4XE ordering

I’m hesitant because 1) it will still have the inherent JL interior issues and 2) hard to give up the manual transmission 3) tons of options I don’t want (leather, colored hard top, safety groups, etc)
I have a JK so I’m curious what interior issues you’re seeing on the JL?

161 - 180 of 275 Posts