Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Set Them Free Off Road 2014 is well underway. Last year we were able to fund a full rescue mission for victims of human trafficking because of all of you guys coming along and supporting us. This year we would like to double, triple or even quadruple our impact in freeing the innocent from forced prostitution. Please join us for this unique event in Buena Vista June 27-29 as we start to make a difference and end human trafficking. Visit Set Them Free Off Road - Set Them Free Off Road Colorado Jeep and 4x4 trail event Buena Vista to register and get more information. We can't wait to see you out there with us.

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I also want to add that if anyone cannot afford the suggested donation please don't let that stop you from joining us out there. PM or email me and we will make sure you can come. Several people have offered to 'scholarship' others into the event so please let me know and we will get you taken care of. If you haven't seen our short video from last year here is a link.

Set Them Free Off Road 2014 Promotional video - YouTube

Look forward to seeing you all out there!

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
Gianni do you need me to be a guide again? Let me know.

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
Should be. I will get the days set as soon as possible

·
Registered
5,351 Posts
WOOHOO!!!!!
That is completely AWESOME!!!!

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
Well I wont be able to be a guide this year. On Saturday June 28 I have to attend a memorial service for a great friend, father figure and man who I have known for many years. We lost Kenneth Thomas on December 31 and we will be remembering his life on that day.

No on Sunday I will be free to go.

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

·
Registered
306 Posts
Could Tincup and mt. Antero handle a full size truck being only a 2-3 rating?
And which trails would you recommend for our CJ8 6" lift and 35's with a straight 6.

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
The trails can handle anything you throw at them. Its the truck you got to worry about. Both Tincup and Antero are high mountain roads. They can be narrow in areas. You can take a truck on both but the roads can be a bit rough. Kind of a bone shaker. As for the CJ8 on 35's Chinamans is a good one along with some of the other tougher trails. More info like lockers or winch will be helpful. Carnage Canyon would probably be a no unless it is BUILT TO THE HILT!

·
Registered
306 Posts
The trails can handle anything you throw at them. Its the truck you got to worry about. Both Tincup and Antero are high mountain roads. They can be narrow in areas. You can take a truck on both but the roads can be a bit rough. Kind of a bone shaker. As for the CJ8 on 35's Chinamans is a good one along with some of the other tougher trails. More info like lockers or winch will be helpful. Carnage Canyon would probably be a no unless it is BUILT TO THE HILT!
It'll have a winch and no lockers. I'm pretty sure it's open front and rear. It's an ex-tour jeep. And as far as the truck thing. We Also have a 1984 gmc single cab short bed 4" lift and 33's with a 383 bored .030 over and a Muncie 4 speed with granny 1st but no winch that we could bring. And hahaha no I don't plan on carnage any time soon! And I don't want to wheel that one too hard.

1 - 20 of 65 Posts