Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a group or place where I might be able to get some pointers and/or experience with off-road driving. I am interested in some fun and mild trail riding, but not interested in trashing my JK from inexperience.

·
Registered
799 Posts
Might want to check out JOCCI, Jeep Outdoor Club of Central Iowa.

Where are you located? I am in the Waukee area with an 05 TJ.

John

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am in Norwalk. '15 Hydro JK. I've played on a few B Level roads around Warren county but that's about it. Need to get tires when the finances are right (or the wife gives in to my begging). I'll check out JOCCI soon.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Welcome! Just recently purchased my (new to me) '10 jku. This is my first 4x4 and feel the same way about learning without needless destruction. Even if we can't get out and wheel even a meet and greet at a local place for a beer and tales sound like a good start. I'm in the iowa city area if anyone would like to see a parking lot full of jeeps, I'd buy the first round!

·
Registered
799 Posts
I have a hard time going, same night as Boy Scouts. I made one meeting, good variety of guys.

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Try contacting forum member DP7197. I noticed that this member is a International 4-wheel Drive Trainer. Perhaps he can put you in touch with an Instructor that is in your area.
I took a I4WDTA class here in North Carolina. Being a "newbie" to off roading I felt it would be great to learn some basic skills and I'm glad I took the course.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Try contacting forum member DP7197. I noticed that this member is a International 4-wheel Drive Trainer. Perhaps he can put you in touch with an Instructor that is in your area. I took a I4WDTA class here in North Carolina. Being a "newbie" to off roading I felt it would be great to learn some basic skills and I'm glad I took the course.
Thanks for the info. I will do that.

·
Registered
799 Posts
Mark,

Did you ever get hooked up with this Trainer? I would be interested in learning more about 4 wheeling.

Have you made it to a meeting yet? I just checked my calendar for the next JOCCI meeting which should be on the 20th and no Boy Scouts and no ISU basketball game. I am going to try to make it.

John

·
Registered
221 Posts
JOCCI has a recruitment run coming up in may. You'll have the chance to learn from the guys there about how to wheel while at the old strip mine they have access to.
Check it out, more details will post soon on JOCCI.co

You don't have to have a lifted rig or even aftermarket wheels to get around there. Only need that if you want to go after the more challenging stuff.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts