Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just tossing this out there. I'm intrigued. I just sold my spacer lift and 35s to a fellow Jeeper. He has a 16JKU. He installed the setup and went to get an alignment. The super knowledgeable dealership informed him it was not able to be aligned without installing offset ball joints... to the tune of $976 installed. Now, this seems absurd to me, bit maybe this is legit. I ran the setup for about a year with ZERO issue. Is this a common thing or another installment of dealership robbery?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
324 Posts
Why are they saying he needs them? To fix what?

I say BS.

Even if he needs them. There are other ways to fix what ever needs to be fixed.

·
Premium Member
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So, it gets better. He dropped it Friday. They called and said they needed to order parts and that he would get a loaner for the weekend. They told him 60 for the alignment and 895 for parts. He took it is 8.95 over the phone. Soooo, he sort of authorized the repair. They cut off his old ball joints so they are shot. Now he's fighting with the shop.

·
Registered
433 Posts
They told him 60 for the alignment and 895 for parts. He took it is 8.95 over the phone.
I really HATE it when shops sat "Eight Ninety Five for parts" for exactly this reason. Are you saying Eight Hundred and Ninety Five Dollars or Eight Dollars and Ninety Five cents?

Although, If your buddy comprehended they were talking about replacing ball joints, there's NO WAY he could have mistaken it for dollars and cents.

·
Premium Member
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Intelligence isn't the issue. They did not mention the ball joints. Only said they needed "parts" he assumed hardware of some sort that they needed in conjunction with the alignment.

·
Super Moderator
8,178 Posts
Has nothing to do with the lift per se - C's or axle are possibly bent I would think. Most Jeeps are actually off a hair when it comes to camber but still within "tolerance" - but no way to adjust it really on solid axle other than trying to compensate with offsets. He should also get his printout from them - how badly was his off?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts