Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought I would share my thoughts on the JKU front seat recline kit from Ohio Diesel Parts because I am not seeing much info about them or this kit.

I purchased JSK-3000F directly from them, although it is also available on Amazon.

https://www.ohiodieselparts.com/pro...-jk-jku-front-seat-lift-recline-kit-2007-2017

First, I tried calling them and I got thru immediately on someone's cell. I forget their name at the moment, but they were very helpful and and answered my questions.

A single kit will only raise one seat. More on that later.

The kit consists on 6 spacers. One 1.5" thick rectangular spacer for the front mount next to the transmission hump, one 1.5" thick circular spacer for the outboard front seat mount and four 5/8" thick circular spacers that can be stacked for the back mounts plus four bolts with washers.

The overall quality of the kit is really nice. The spacers are CNC machined 6061 aluminum in a black finish.

Ohio Diesel Parts intended the kit to be used with the thick spacers in the front and one or two stacked for the back mount.

I never tried the two stacked in the back because I could tell immediately it would be too high for my liking. I am 6'2".

I tried the front mounts and single mounts in the rear first. Although it was comfortable, the seat was too high for my liking.
I then tried the 1.5" spacers in the front and no spacers under the rear seat mounts. Not as comfortable and still too high. I didn't find it comfortable because my Jeep is a manual and the rake of the seat didn't feel right when I was working the clutch.

I finally tried cutting one of the 5/8" spacers to match the rectangular one and installed the 5/8" under the front mount with nothing under the rear mount.

This this the best combination that worked for me. A slight rack without raising the seat too much.

I used a cutoff wheel to cut the aluminum. Very quick and easy. The overall install is a couple minutes per seat.

In the beginning of the review I mentioned a single kit for one seat. If you end up buying one kit and modifying it like I did, a single kit will take care of both front seats.

Overall, I do like the kit and I would recommend trying it.

·
Registered
424 Posts
So as a quick recap. You installed the 5/8" spacer in the front and nothing in the rear? I agree the front of my seat could not get much taller without my knees being in the way.

·
Premium Member
2,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, 5/8” in the front and nothing in the rear.
I did have to cut one of the 5/8” spacers to make it work under the front mount next to the trans hump.

·
Premium Member
2,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I don’t think it will be an issue.
I installed a cc box in my ‘14.
One tab goes over the top and the other goes under the seat mount.
The cc box would need to be on top of the spacers.

Only possible issue I see is the back security mount may need some sort of spacer.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts