Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys
I’m seeing oil under the hood on my 90 yj. After much searching and research I’m thinking it might be the ccv located on top back of valve cover. Had it tuned up months ago and now noticed oil. No leaks that I can find. Who has experience this and where to find the Crankcase valve breather ? It seems to be a discontinued part according to Mopar website. Not to be confused with pcv on front of my valve cover.
MOPAR Ventilation Valve Filter

Thanks in advance for any information

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
10,647 Posts
What engine do you have?
A 1990 6 cylinder didn't have a CCV.
I don't know if a 1990 4 cylinder came with a PCV. You could check your vacuum system in the Factory Service Manual to confirm what you should have.

Good Luck, L.M.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What engine do you have?
A 1990 6 cylinder didn't have a CCV.
I don't know if a 1990 4 cylinder came with a PCV. You could check your vacuum system in the Factory Service Manual to confirm what you should have.

Good Luck, L.M.

I have a 1990 2.5L / 4 cylinder. Came with PCV on front of valve cover and a CCV Breather on back of valve cover.

·
Super Moderator
10,647 Posts
Find a post by Got it at last. In his signature there's a free link to several Factory Service manuals and a couple Factory Parts Manuals.
Open that link and click on the manual that you need.
Find either the emission system for your engine or the vacuum system. There should be a diagram and explanation there to help you keep your get your plumbing back to stock. Hopefully, then you won't have oil blowing under your hood.

You can also read the sticky on the YJ general discussion main page titled "A better way to get help when posting in the technical forum".
If you fill out yous signature other posters won't have to ask what engine/trans/tires etc that you have.

Good Luck, L.M.

Reactions: DougRz

·
Registered
437 Posts
This is how my '90 looks with the PVC and that other thing in back of valve cover. lol :blackeye
Not sure where to get replacements if needed.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,702 Posts
That breather should be a fresh air intake to crankcase, I'd check and clean/replace the PCV 1st. make sure that and the line it's connected to are not obstructed. You should not have blow by on the air in unless its a bad grommet. available at your local auto parts store in the dorman help section

Reactions: mdgilbreath

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
This is how my '90 looks with the PVC and that other thing in back of valve cover. lol :blackeye

Not sure where to get replacements if needed.

I found mine at Morris 4x4 Center
its Crankcase Vent CCV $7.99

MOPAR VENTILATION VALVE FILTER
SKU: 53002466-M1$7.99

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That breather should be a fresh air intake to crankcase, I'd check and clean/replace the PCV 1st. make sure that and the line it's connected to are not obstructed. You should not have blow by on the air in unless its a bad grommet. available at your local auto parts store in the dorman help section

thank you
I ordered new grommets, pvc, ccv, filler cap and fuel filter, and used bull/brush bar I pickup for 40 bucks.
Just doing some other scheduled tune up Maintance that shops don’t do. Found all parts at quadratec and Morris 4x4 center. Morris actually had discontinued part ccv
MOPAR VENTILATION VALVE FILTER
SKU: 53002466-M1$7.99
We I receive all parts and install it should be good.
Next on list a rear brake cylinder on passenger side has a dribble of fluid. Clean oil off motor and under carriage and then new exhaust from manifold back. I love my old 1990yj.

Soft Top
1990 Yj wrangler 2.5L 4cyl.
31” tires back space 4” for wider base. 215,000 miles

1 - 8 of 8 Posts