Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought a Sahara end of the summer which I love! Went to change my oil this afternoon & I can't loosen up the drain bolt! WTF I notice some blue stuff around where the bolt meets the pan, hope it's not locktite.. Who would put locktite on a drain bolt?? Any suggestions guys

·
Premium Member
7,920 Posts
am assuming it hot/ warm? how about PB Blaster? a good 8 point socket and about a 2-3 foot breaker bar slow steady even pressure?
I have 170K on my TJ (lots of oil changes never have had an issue....Good Luck!!

·
Super Moderator
21,956 Posts
am assuming it hot/ warm? how about PB Blaster? a good 8 point socket and about a 2-3 foot breaker bar slow steady even pressure?
I have 170K on my TJ (lots of oil changes never have had an issue....Good Luck!!
I would use a 6 point myself. I don't recall mine having a square drain plug.
If it is the first oil change probably some paint. If not who knows. hit the bolt with a soldering torch to melt the lock tight.

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
A smaller beaker bar like 10" would work here. Just make damn sure you are turning it the correct direction and that you are holding the socket on the drain plug with your other hand.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
am assuming it hot/ warm? how about PB Blaster? a good 8 point socket and about a 2-3 foot breaker bar slow steady even pressure? I have 170K on my TJ (lots of oil changes never have had an issue....Good Luck!!
thanks the breaker bar did the trick!

·
MARGARET, 10-14-51\6-1-12
10,296 Posts
and on your next oil change install one of these. ( http://www.qwikvalve.com/search.php?mode=search&page=1 ) i have one on every vehicle i have ever owned.
i never even came close to hitting if if that would worry you, im currently driving a lowered mustang and using one on the pothole ridden streets of boston.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Those valve s break down over time the gasket in them heat from the oil and oil pan distroy them
I change oil all day I would recommend one just my opinion

1 - 10 of 10 Posts