Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have tried resetting the oil change due light on my 2008 JKS many times, but I can never get rid of it. I have gone through the resets as shown on YouTube - and I still cant get it to not appear when I turn the ignition on. My owners manual does not even tel how to reset the light. What am I not doing correctly. Youtube shows turning ignition on, hitting gas pedal to floor 3 times, turn ignition off, then start engine - done. Not so, in my case.

·
Premium Member
788 Posts
Ignition on, engine off

Gas pedal to the ground 3 times in 10 seconds

Ignition off

Start Jeep, should be gone.

I had to repeat these steps a few time in a row on my '09 to get it to take. Good Luck

Reactions: Smileyor

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
I have tried resetting the oil change due light on my 2008 JKS many times, but I can never get rid of it. I have gone through the resets as shown on YouTube - and I still cant get it to not appear when I turn the ignition on. My owners manual does not even tel how to reset the light. What am I not doing correctly. Youtube shows turning ignition on, hitting gas pedal to floor 3 times, turn ignition off, then start engine - done. Not so, in my case.
You need a better owners manual. Here is the process, found in my 08 Owners Manual. It is as shadowkiller stated.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
639 Posts
Ignition on, engine off

Gas pedal to the ground 3 times in 10 seconds

Ignition off

Start Jeep, should be gone.

I had to repeat these steps a few time in a row on my '09 to get it to take. Good Luck
This is what it is in the 2017 JKUR as well. I just did it for the second time.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thx for the replies to my question. For whatever reason, I can reset the light, but it comes on agin later. Really weird - so guess I'll just reset each time till oil change mileage comes up.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
or, use JScan

1 - 6 of 6 Posts