Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I changed oil at 7650 miles. Dealer stuck his little advert on the windshield advising oil change needed in 3000 miles. Manufacturer says not until 16000 miles. At 10650 oil change warning comes up every time I start engine. Did the dealer do this? How do I stop it? Not excited about going back to dealer.

·
Registered
3,166 Posts
Dealer can choose 3,000 or 5,000 on their computer and that is the interval that time. You can simply wait another 2,000 miles.

·
Registered
732 Posts
The Jeep also calculates the light based on a number of parameters ranging from drive cycles and length of drive among other things. So what one oil change mileage was may not be the same as the next.

·
Registered
159 Posts
There is also a way you can reset it in your owners manual. Usually you need to have the key on without the jeep running and pump the gas three times or something weird like that. Just look it up.

·
Registered
8,968 Posts
The Jeep also calculates the light based on a number of parameters ranging from drive cycles and length of drive among other things. So what one oil change mileage was may not be the same as the next.
This. Plus this: NOTE:Under no circumstances should oil change intervals
exceed 10,000 miles (16,000 km) or twelve months,
whichever occurs first.

In the manual it indicates how you can re-set the system. You don't need to go back to the dealer. It's on a duty based cycle, and not mileage specific. The disclaimer is not to "Exceed".

·
Retired Moderator
100,536 Posts
WOW, It's oil change time................:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts