Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
04 Black is correct. If you use the stock sized filter it holds 6 quarts.
The reason that I ask is because yesterday I had my oil changed, but I always double check them the next morning after the Jeep has sat overnight. I checked it this morning, there are two holes on the stick, one at the bottom for "low" or "add" and one up higher for "full", well Iam over the full hole and the stick states "do not overfill". I would think that I would want it to be right on the upper hole? The paperwork that they gave me stated that 6 qts. were put in. Are there any "signs" of being overfilled? Engine noise or anything like that? Is it really harmful to be overfilled? Maybe Iam just being paranoid, but I would rather be safe than sorry. Thanks again, Scooby

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
If it is anything like airplane engines, then it isnt so much bad for the engine but is designed to keep you from cleaning up. The extra oil will be vent oerboard somewhere gettin all over everything when the engine is up to temp. But again airplane engines are air cooled so they may have no correlation.

·
Registered
94 Posts
I noticed the same thing when I did my first oil change many moons ago. I figure between the owners manual, the Haynes manual, and a call the the dealer 6 quarts is the correct volume.
All 3 said the same thing.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.