Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tired of going to dealer for oil changes. Tried Jiffy Lube. That experience did not go over well. They left air breather open and bolts missing from breather to front rail. Got home engin cover missing and missing bolts. So where do you go for a quick oil change?

·
Premium Member
1,298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Well no replays. Back to dealer I went. Last time there payed for 5 tire rotation. New spare was still on spare. I had one loose center hub on rim that was on front right. Still there. Opened hood. Engine cover was not mine. All covered in grease and foam under torn. So I let them have it. Free tire rotation I asked for 5. Only did 4. Can't be free when I already paid for it last time. Charged me $60 for the oil change.

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
Damn dealerships!...you really need to do your own oil changes, filter changes, and tire rotations yourself. It's really easy on a Jeep.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Or try a different dealership. I've had several oil changes / tire rotations done at mine and never had a problem.

Just saw you're from hamilton. Which dealer do you goto? the one on centenial?

·
Registered
430 Posts
For me I use the Jiffy Lube in Stratford, Ont. & have had zero problems. Just avoid the up sales.
Like any franchise some are good & some are poor.

·
Premium Member
1,298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Or try a different dealership. I've had several oil changes / tire rotations done at mine and never had a problem. Just saw you're from hamilton. Which dealer do you goto? the one on centenial?
The one at the circle.

·
Registered
454 Posts
I think since I've owned trucks since '81 I've only paid for 3 or 4 oil changes. Once while on a cross Canada trip & the rest due to inclement or cold weather. Did a change back in the 80s on Boxing Day in the driveway. Stupid to say the least.

Not impressed w/ the Pennzoil joint in Oshawa Ontario. "My oil was chunky". That's funny pal, I'm using Pennzoil synthetic. Then he said, "You've never changed the oil filter". I asked him how did he know that? "Because it was same blue coloured AC Delco filter from the factory". At the time the Canadian AC filters were white. "I buy my filters in the States where they're cheaper & blue." The guy just stood there. My final words were, "Just change the oil & filter!"

·
Registered
5 Posts
After searching for and meeting with a number of garages in the GTA to find a reliable and trustworthy mechanic to service my 2002 Jeep Wrangler I did find an operation in Etobicoke that is what I was looking for.

The place is called Jane Park Service Ltd. Owned by a guy named Biagio. The place has been in business for over 22 years and they know what they are doing when it comes to working on Jeeps.

They are located at 226 Royal York Rd and their number is 416.503.8187.

I had an ongoing issue with my driver’s airbag, not recall related, my horn constantly going off and even draining my battery even when the horn was unplugged. I took to Jane Park and they corrected all the issues for half what I was told at all other places wanted to charge me.

As for convenience, they are located right on the Royal York Rd bus line to the subway and the Mimico GO Station is a very short walk up the street.

Check them out and tell them JEEP POWR sent you!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts