Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
539 Posts
Depends on the dealer.

My Dealer repaired it twice for free.

No problems since.

·
Registered
539 Posts
2014 jkur

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have a 2014 JKUR. It was covered under the 100K warranty

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
OP
If you have a 2012 or 13, I have a brand new oil cooler/filter housing that I'll sell you for cheap if you end up needing it. They slightly modified the design for 14+
Ill let you know, going to the dealership on Thursday. Hope its covered!!!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
899 Posts
Ill let you know, going to the dealership on Thursday. Hope its covered!!!

I had sent a PM to JeepCares about this on here, and Kori responded after confirming with their powertrain warranty group that it IS covered - and if any issues arise at the dealer to contact them and let them assist.

·
Registered
929 Posts
This is sad...engineers make all this money and they still manage to make inferior products. This is what happens when you don't have trade skills class' in schools. All smarts no common sense.

·
Registered
5,294 Posts
This is sad...engineers make all this money and they still manage to make inferior products. This is what happens when you don't have trade skills class' in schools. All smarts no common sense.
FCA wants to spend as little as possible to build Jeep. They could design one that would last forever but FCA probably won't pay for it.

Reactions: Jjgibby523

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I had sent a PM to JeepCares about this on here, and Kori responded after confirming with their powertrain warranty group that it IS covered - and if any issues arise at the dealer to contact them and let them assist.
Thanks man is so appreciate it! I know i can do it but it should be covered. On my 12 jk the oil pump went out and they covered that. Very happy now!!

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I hear what your saying but no product is without some issues. As long as Jeep stands by there vehicle I'll be happy.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Just dropped off Jeep at dealership and they told me it is most likely covered. Everyone at Roseville Chrysler seem very friendly and I am hoping to get it done today! Im sure it will be covered but until i know for sure im not celebrating yet.

·
Registered
2,866 Posts
The oil cooler on my 2013 JKU cracked last summer and it was covered under the 100k mile powertrain warranty. The total repair cost was around $1,300. They replaced the oil cooler and a bunch of hoses due to oil getting into the cooling system.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Great news, it is the housing and is covered under warranty!!!
Ty everyone for your input on this, i really appreciate it.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
UPDATE :
Just got back from the dealership, got an oil change to do official oil consumption check, because after leaving dealership last week and topping off, I burned a quart in 400 miles with no leaks! Service manager thinks i might need a new engine.
I was hoping it was something simple, i wont turn down a new engine for sure but im still hoping for a simple solution.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Well, after 500 miles on this oil change it is now throwing codes:
P0369
P2638
Ive replaced both cam sensors still throwing codes.

·
Registered
466 Posts
Sorry to hear. Please keep us updated. Have a 2013, seems like a matter of time.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
526 Posts
Well, after 500 miles on this oil change it is now throwing codes:
P0369
P2638
Ive replaced both cam sensors still throwing codes.

Have a 2015 JKU RHD that just started throwing the P0369 code. After doing some research, it seems that it may be a wiring problem on the RHD models.
I found one other person on carcomplaints.com that had the same code and the dealer replaced the cam sensor and then the ECM. The problem persisted until the wiring problem was addressed. Not sure what the exact wiring problem was, though. Taking it to the dealer tomorrow. Hopefully they don't just throw parts at it.
Had a camshaft, rocker arms, and tappets replaced on the right side in January, now I've noticed a slight seepage of oil from around the cam sensor. The oil has started to loosen the factory tape on the wiring harness attached to the cam sensor.

1 - 20 of 77 Posts