Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was under the Jeep checking how the pinion seal was doing and saw oil all over the transmission pan and various areas that it is blowing back on. At first I thought the transmission pan gasket was going but after a little research discovered the problem people are having with the oil cooler. I was reading the issue was "fixed" after 2014. It is a 15 but was manufactured in 14. Same thing said about the rocker roller deal and I had to have them all replaced.
I know I didn't over torque the filter last service. Question is to those who had to replace the cooler, did the dealership give any hassle? My dealership was awesome on the rocker rollers and rear end with total covering everything.

·
Registered
2,110 Posts
its covered under the 5y/100k warranty if you have any left

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
its covered under the 5y/100k warranty if you have any left
I made an apt with them, they said as long as that is the issue it is covered. Only 4 more months of warranty left. I think I will have them do the plugs this time. I just started throwing the P0128, so probably have them change the thermostat while it is apart.

·
WF approved Offical Jeep Account.
1,575 Posts
Was under the Jeep checking how the pinion seal was doing and saw oil all over the transmission pan and various areas that it is blowing back on. At first I thought the transmission pan gasket was going but after a little research discovered the problem people are having with the oil cooler. I was reading the issue was "fixed" after 2014. It is a 15 but was manufactured in 14. Same thing said about the rocker roller deal and I had to have them all replaced.
I know I didn't over torque the filter last service. Question is to those who had to replace the cooler, did the dealership give any hassle? My dealership was awesome on the rocker rollers and rear end with total covering everything.
We're sorry to hear about this. Please keep us updated on your dealer visit. If additional assistance is needed, please feel free to PM us.
Alex
JeepCares

·
Registered
5,294 Posts
I made an apt with them, they said as long as that is the issue it is covered. Only 4 more months of warranty left. I think I will have them do the plugs this time. I just started throwing the P0128, so probably have them change the thermostat while it is apart.
Please do a follow up on this a s to what happens, and what was found as the source of the leak. My 5/100 is long gone but many here still have some.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
We're sorry to hear about this. Please keep us updated on your dealer visit. If additional assistance is needed, please feel free to PM us.
Alex
JeepCares
Please do a follow up on this a s to what happens, and what was found as the source of the leak. My 5/100 is long gone but many here still have some.
So got the jeep repaired. The cooler was bad as suspected and warranty covered it with no issues under the 5/100k. However this is the first time this dealership has irritated me. When I took it in we discussed the oil cooler and suspected it but was not positive, so they informed me of a diagnostic fee if it turned out to be something else, for example the filter was simply leaking etc. Now I tell them that if it is the cooler then let's do the plugs since the intake needs to be pulled. I ask if it will be reduced labor due to having to pull the intake for the cooler and they say yes. I also do the same thing with the thermostat and explain I know it's bad with the P0128 and taking forever to get warm on very cold mornings so it's stuck open. Same deal.
I get a call and they quote me over $200 to replace the thermostat. I explain how I think that is insane and decline. When it is all done they charged over $300 to replace the plugs. I would have hated to see full price. What really ticked me off was they attempted to charge me $150 to tell me the thermostat is bad, the one I told them was bad. They said the $150 was for pulling and clearing the code, the one I pulled and already cleared. I argued with that and all they did was knock it down to a $79 diagnostic. Then they were telling me I was lucky that they were not charging extra because of my bumper. My stock bumper that is made into a stubby with a light bar on it apairently makes it more difficult to work on.... I asked if the fact that you can lean the hood against the windshield offsets the bumper and they had no comment. Next vehicle won't be purchased from them.

·
Premium Member
3,710 Posts
Always amazing to me how dealership sales and shop are often ran as two separate businesses, and don’t understand how service quality by one can lead to sales (or not) for the other.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts