Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
looks like I have the famous oil cooler housing leaking on my 2014 JKU.

My car only has 42000 miles on it but we just passed the 5 year warranty. Bought in new in sep. 2014.

What are my chances of getting the dealership to repair it under warranty?

If not,

Where can I get a replacement, updated part and is there a walkthrough for replacing it anywhere online?

·
Registered
765 Posts
@JeepCares

Reach out to them and see if they can help with warranty/coverage after your warranty has expired. They helped me and it was greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
2 Posts
It was pretty easy. I think it took me 3 hours. I'm not a mechanic. I used the video below. You don't need alot of tools. 10mm 8mm and a few others. I'm glad I did it my self. I do hope you get it warrantied as you shouldn't have to deal with something like this.

·
Registered
4,724 Posts
It's like they started with the oil filter and built the Jeep around it. It's a nice compact unit, too bad they leak. After watching it a 2nd time not sure if Ill do mine myself WHEN it leaks. Not IF. It's about a $600 job at a good shop, possibly more.

Besides the spark plugs just wondering if there are any special things that can be done while doing this. I am thinking a good engine cleaning before you start and then really blow the thing dry and clean. No valley of oil to deal with when it's all apart.

Any special torque specks on the new cooler? The latest version of the part is like AFXXXXXXX. or something. Too bad you can't get a CNC unit. Maybe I'll be one of the lucky ones that never leak,,,LOL.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts