Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey there. New to the forum, been reading for a while. Have a 93 YJ Sahara with the 4.0. It had an oil leak so I folllowed forum advice and started at the top. Replaced the valve cover gasket and front seal. Degreased engine and waited. Still leaking. There was a lot of oil on the passenger side of the engine from the distributor back and all over the bell housing. Watching youtube, decided to check the distributor mount gasket. There was none. Not just torn, but gone. Replaced and mkved down to oil filter adapter. That is not there (must have been removed in previous life). Degreased engine and hoped for the best. Side of engine still clean but still dripping oil. With everything so clean, I was abke to see the main issue-a cracked oil pan right by the last bolt on the passenger side.

I had already bought a new rear main and a new oil pump (thought I would replace the oil pump while I had it open if I had to replace the main. Since I am having to take the pan off to replace, these two are still a go. Is there anything else I need to look at, tighten, torque, etc. while the oil pan is off?

Thnaks for all the advice over the past 6 months of Jeep ownership.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,324 Posts
That's about it. Make sure the new pump comes with a new pickup tube so you don't have to reuse the old one.

·
Registered
3,841 Posts
It been two day after your post, but make sure you prime the new oil pump before installing it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.