Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I posted this on jeep forum but figured I would post here as well. Bought 94 yj a month ago saw oil leak when looking over, guy said it had a leak and he had it fixed. Got and not fixed. After cleaning engine and compartment with purple power saw leak from valve cover. Replaced gasket (from autozone felpro) still leaked took off and put red rtv on as well 2 weeks later no leak from valve cover, but still have leak. Looks like either from oil pan (because I see drops on the passenger side on the oil pan bolts) or on the timing chain cover ( cause I see oil on the cover and spray back on the bottom side of the hood). Question is should I replace both at the same time and how hard is it. Oil pan looks like just remove starter and the pan will drop. What about the timing chain cover and gasket. Another problem is someone said to tighten the bolts on oil pan first to see if that is why it is leaking.when I tightened them up I saw 2 or 3 bolts were missing and the bolts up front by tinder the fan (2) just spin and don't seem to tighten.

·
Premium Member
10,093 Posts
Just remember gravity and the force of forward movement when chasing the leak. You have some issues with the pan so it may be time to drop it and fix everything at once.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts